Selecting the best flooring is a vital decision anyone planning to own a home must make. Each and every type of flooring available is different and therefore making the decision to thoroughly research on the pros and cons of these floors before coming to a conclusion is necessary.
Due to its versatility and durability, tile has been very popular. There are a lot of tile options available that anyone can choose from including porcelain, ceramic, and quarry. Here are some pros and cons of these options
- Pros: This type is popular for water resistance and low maintenance. This is mostly for areas that experience high humidity. The maintenance of these floors is generally easy as liquids, dirt and spillages are quite easy to deal with in terms of cleaning. Regular vacuuming and sweeping is enough for the floor to stay neat and clean.
- Cons: ceramic flooring tends to be a bit more expensive as compared to other types. It is also hard on the feet. Homeowners using this flooring often complain about the tile’s cold nature. Ceramic tile may also come as having a very slick texture therefore furniture might slide.
- Pros: It is loved by many for its resistance and durability. It also comes in many designs as well as finishes which serve to add personality to a home.
- Cons: As with ceramic, porcelain is hard and cold on the feet and therefore not recommended for the elderly or small children. Installation cost also comes by as too expensive
- Pros: This is considered the least expensive option and needs no sealant or glaze. It is also easily cleaned and durable.
- Cons: It is easily stainable and due to its lack of sealant, liquids easily penetrate its surface.
This remains the most popular type of flooring among homeowners due to its elegant beauty and timelessness. Depending on one’s preference, there are two options to choose from i.e. laminate or hardwood.
Laminate wood flooring
- Pros: Its installation is 50% cheaper which brands it appealing to a lot of people. It is also great for living, dining and bedrooms due to its durability and the fact that it is not seemingly hard on the feet.
- Cons: It is quite expensive and does not easily repair. It also tends to age faster compared to hardwood.
- Pros: Unlike laminate, hardwood can be easily repaired by sanding. This eliminates both scratches and stains. Hardwood flooring also lasts longer than its laminate counterpart.
- Cons: As beautiful as it is, it is quite expensive. It cannot also withstand excessive humidity or water and can therefore be damaged by frequent spills.
Without doubt, there are a variety of floor options from which to choose from. It is therefore advisable to think carefully before reaching any hasty decision. It is also not considered wise to learn something and just stay quiet about it. Therefore, share the link to this page so that others may make the right flooring decisions as well!
For more flooring information, visit http://www.shortandlongofit.com