There are synthetic materials available in the market such as porcelain and vinyl which are less expensive. The costs and strengths of different tiles rely on their source and the process of manufacturing. Limestone tiles are one of the most popular materials used for decorating the interior and exterior spaces.
What makes Limestone Tiles Superior?
Limestone has been used in construction ever since the ancient times, and there are many examples of traditional architectural examples in Turkey and Italy. Lime is a quality material used to make slabs, pavers, and tiles.
Because of its sedimentary nature, the limestone rocks carry beautiful textures that have developed over time. The pores in the materials can be filled up by machines to give a great look to the finished product.
Limestone tiles are available in lighter shades and subtle colors which are highly preferred by the customers. The neutral tones blend easily with any design and space and can be used almost anywhere.
Most of the interior designers prefer using limestone flooring to give a luxurious and elegant feel to the property.
Why use Limestone Tiles?
These tiles are available in different colors, tones, and shades. You will come across different hues such as bright red, pure white, creamy, greyish, dark brown etc. You can go for the shade and pattern that meets your needs.
Here are some good reasons as to why to use limestone tiles.
- Limestone tiles are more durable as they can with stand any temperatures. All you need to do is to take good care of these tiles, and they will retain their look and are long-lasting.
- Limestone tiles add value to your property and are preferred by most of the homeowners and the interior designers. They add a rich and luxurious touch to the home. They are used because of the wide range of colors and patterns available.
- Limestone tiles are very easy to maintain and need no regular maintenance. As it is a natural stone with no chemical additives, it is both durable and buoyant.
- Limestone tiles are inexpensive as they last much longer when compared to other tiles. Thus, it is quite profitable to use the tiles made out of natural rock. Once you have installed these tiles, you may not need to remove them throughout your life.
- Limestone tiles are echo-friendly and thus add quality inside your place. They add an aesthetics look and create an echo friendly environment within the house.
Working and Installing Limestone Tiles
When working with limestone tiles to decorate your living room, kitchen or any other room or area, you should take some precautions and follow some tips to ensure that things go perfectly and there are no losses. First of all, measure the room correctly as any errors now are sure to lead to expensive mistakes later on. The colours and patterns should be chosen carefully so that, they not only suit the location but are more comfortable and pleasing to the eye.
Find Flooring Services Brick & Stone Concrete Carpet Hardwood Laminates & Vinyl Tile top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Once the tiles have been installed, it is essential to take good care of them. As they are a natural absorbent, excessive water can lead to peeling, oxidation or staining. Experts recommend some specific sealers to avoid any such issues as the sealers promote the durability and resilience of the tiles. Always clean the tiles with the help of a soft, clean cloth and lukewarm water.
Limestone is a fine natural martial which is both strong and durable. If you use good quality limestone tiles and take good care of them, they are sure to last you for generations.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- Prepping wall for new tile installation
- Installing customer-supplied tile with customer-supplied materials
- 【Wonderful Tools】The tile leveling system ensures flatness between tiles to avoid unevenness. It is a wonderful...
- 【Reusable】The tile leveler is reusable. It is easy enough to fix or remove with the special wrench so that you can...
- Applying customer-supplied moisture barrier
- Installing customer-supplied stone or tiling
- Material: PP+steel.
- Providing better tile adhesion Improves speed of tile laying.
- Michael Byrne
- Publisher: Taunton Press
Last update on 2019-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API