“photo remodeling” image analysis
copyright image by Pixabay
What do you see in the image above?
Fit The Appliances:
the first items for any laundry room are the appliances – both washer and dryer. In this particular scenario, you might want to have a front-load washer and dryer in order to support a counter-top.
- These appliances need to be nicely position in the corner – will all applicable electrical and plumbing hook-ups – to allow for maximum space utilization.
- If your laundry room space is even smaller, you might want to consider stackable washer-dryer to allow room for a countertop (discussed below).
- INFO: all about front-load washers
INFO: Should You Get a Front-Load or Top-Load Washing Machine?
- YOUTUBE: How to Hook up a Washer and Dryer
YOUTUBE: Venting a Dryer: How to Properly Install a Dryer Vent
- FIND: front load washers
FIND: front load dryers
FIND: front load washer and dryer set
Install a Counter-Top:
with the appliances in place, your next best option for laundry management is a countertop that spans over the appliances to the full length of the room. As illustrated, the counter-top is supported by a cabinet base that can be used for maintenance and storage.
- You will find the countertop a useful work area for sorting and folding laundry, applying stain and other fabric maintenance, and general laundry management.
- One option you might consider is the section of the countertop over the appliances to have a fold up hinge or removal latch so that you can perform maintenance on the appliances if needed. As currently shown, any maintenance would require pulling out the appliances without giving easy assess to electrical, plumbing and venting connections.
- VIEW: small laundry rooms with countertops
VIEW: small laundry room with cabinets
- INFO: 5 Laundry Room Countertop Options
INFO: DIY Laundry Room Countertop for Under $40
Add a Laundry Sink:
if space allows, you will want to add a laundry sink. The plumbing for laundry room is already there with both water and drainage – so extend these connections to a laundry sink.
- The sink will certainly come in handy – especially when you need to pre-soak clothing prior for washing. And when pets and children have those accidents, the laundry sink is the best place to pre-clean any mess before dropping it into the washer.
- INFO: 6 Advantages Of Including A Utility Sink In The Laundry Room
INFO: How to Choose a Laundry Room Sink
- FIND: laundry room sink
FIND: laundry room sink faucet
Add Cupboard Space:
use the cupboard space for laundry detergents, fabric cleaners, bleach, dryer sheets and all other items to do laundry.
- As for home utility, use these cabinets to store flashlights, repellents, matches, lighter fluid and all other such items that need a central location for easy find and access.
- And don’t forget to use the cupboards for storing pool and/or beach towels during the summer. You will find these cupboard spaces very handy and valuable.
- VIEW: laundry wall cabinets
VIEW: best laundry room cabinets
- FIND: laundry room cupboards
FIND: utility storage cabinet
Mount a Hanging Rack:
something that will be useful – especially when having to remove shirts and other cotton fabrics from the dryer to keep them from wrinkling. Simply hang them up when you retrieve them from the dryer.
- These bars can also be used to air dry special fabrics that shouldn’t be placed in the dryer.
- FIND: laundry hanging rack wall mount
FIND: wall mount folding rack
Don’t Forget Some Decor:
the laundry room can be kind of boring – let’s face it, it’s not the most exciting room in the house.
- So let’s decorate it. Start with a simple houseplant that does well with moist air or some decorative wall pieces to remind the family of important do’s and don’ts of laundry.
- INFO: 13 Inspiring Laundry Rooms That Will Help Make Yours a Favorite Place in the Home
INFO: Laundry room decor
- VIEW: laundry room decor ideas
VIEW: laundry room sign ideas
regardless of your laundry room size, the goal is to make it functional. A countertop is a must item no matter how you can fit it in for folding and laundry management. Cupboards are next for laundry organization and storage. And if room permits, add a laundry sink.
- These basic items – no matter how you arrange it given the limited space – will make doing laundry so much easier.
What comments what can you share about this photo idea?
Ironing & Storage
or simply search by laundry or other home cleaning need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
|How to Build the Perfect Laundry Room On A Budget? (same win)|
|Three Types of Laundry Sinks That Have Stood the Test of Time (same win)|
|The Laundry Room and Chore is no Longer a Bore! (same win)|
Find Household Appliance Services Appliances Appliance Install Appliance Repair Electrical top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: small laundry room ideas by envato.com
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.