“photo remodeling” image analysis
copyright image by Pixabay
What do you see in the image above?
Designing entry ways:
home entryways can be tricky to design. It all depends on the type of entry. You have the front of the home entry, back door entry, side door entry from the garage or yard, and entry from other points of the home. The question is how to manage and decorate your particular entry point.
- There are two basic types of entryway designs: 1) you can make it formal and decorative or 2) you can make it functional.
- Generally front entry points are decorative and formal; side entry points are functional. And then there is the combination of both decorative and functional. So it all depends on how best to utilize the space that makes it nice and inviting no matter how or where you enter the home.
- VIEW: home entryway ideas
VIEW: home entry from garage ideas
VIEW: mudroom entry room ideas
- INFO: how to decorate and style your entryway
INFO: entryway design tips: 6 ways to make an entrance in your home
Both Functional and Decorative:
in this image example, we are looking at both functional and decorative entryway. This design option may be prefect for a side entry or an apartment home entry. It all depends on the amount of space area you have to work in.
- The big attraction is the wall unit with a sitting area, coat rack and storage cabinets. A unit where family and guests and sit to remove outer clothing to hang and shoes for storage before proceeding inside. That’s the idea – but this piece looks more decorative for this particular entryway.
- It come with a nice, white seating cushion with decorative pillows. And behind the seating is a open front of the brick wall with a picture hanging that looks like a window scene. The shelving units sport different decorative object that include action figures – something your kids (or you) may enjoy. They make for interesting conversation pieces.
- INFO: 8 essential items every entryway needs
VIEW: wall coat rack cabinet ideas
YOUTUBE: small entryway Ikea makeover under $150
- FIND: entryway wall cabinets
FIND: entryway bench
Don’t forget the coat rack:
the standing coat rack is an added feature that is both decorative and functional. It is decorated with varying clothing elements that match the room’s color scheme. It is also functional to hang a hat, coat and/or bag for someone who came for a visit.
- The coat rack appears to be wood – the perfect material given the wood items throughout the room including the decorative table up front.
- The table looks rustic with a nice wood finish. It comes with an interesting slab design on top with a cutout to stage a nice houseplant. And for added decor, a chess set to tinker with.
- INFO: tree coat racks personalizing entryway ideas with inspiring designs
YOUTUBE: 10 fun, alternative ways to use coat hooks
YOUTUBE: the 6 best places to use a tree coat rack in your home
- FIND: wood coat tree stand
FIND: modern coat tree stand
- FIND: wood coffee table
FIND: farmhouse coffee table
- FIND: live houseplants
FIND: decorative chess set
What about the flooring:
wood looking – but more likely wood laminate or vinyl planks or other wood looking material that is perfect for entryways – considering that you may enter the home area with wet clothes or mud that can be easily wiped up and cleaned without damaging the floor.
- And what about the rug. An interesting design that compliments the wood floor and blends nicely with the white wall unit and dark cupboard fronts. It looks like a custom designed rug for this particular home entryway.
- INFO: the best flooring for entryways and mudrooms
INFO: laminate vs hardwood flooring
- VIEW: flooring options for entryways
VIEW: luxury laminate wood flooring entryway
- YOUTUBE: luxury vinyl plank vs laminate flooring – pros & cons!
YOUTUBE: easiest flooring I have ever installed! loving it!
- FIND: wood vinyl planks
FIND: wood laminate flooring planks
you need to question whether this design is really functional – it just looks too nice. You may be correct. It’s a creative design that looks functional but with a decorative twist.
- It’s the perfect setup for an apartment or townhome. A design idea to decorate the front area of the apartment that welcomes you home and your friends when they come for a visit. Something to consider for your home entryway.
What comments what can you share about this photo idea?
Curios and Bookcases
or simply search by entering entry way item or other furniture need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
|Creating Enticing Entry Ways – All the Tips Necessary (same win)|
|Modular Stairs And Platforms – Should You Use Them? (same win)|
|Thinking About Adding a Small Balcony to Your Home (same win)|
Find Interior Design Services Decorators Interior Designers Furniture Painting & Staining top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: making home entryway functional by twenty20.com
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.