“photo remodeling” image analysis
What do you need to know about electric generators
The best electric generator puts out more power than you’ll generally need. This is because you don’t want to size the generator based on your base load.
- You’ll trigger overload protections every time there is a surge, such as when you turn on an air conditioner or refrigeration unit. Instead, select a generator that has at least 20% more power than what you need and an equivalent surge capacity.
- Then your generator will continue to operate if you turn on another piece of industrial equipment or have to turn up the electric heaters. And turning everything back on after a power outage won’t blow out the generator.
- An inverter built into the generator will help in this regard. Power inverters may allow you to run a small flashlight or charge smart devices. Don’t use a generator to charge a smart phone or run a laptop without verifying its power quality is less than 3% total harmonic distortion.
- INFO: Understanding Generator Watts – Volts – Amps
INFO: How to Calculate Generator Output
Reliability refers to how sure you are that the generator won’t break down if it is properly maintained. There are generator brands known for leaking oil or gas, sometimes because plastic tubing and tanks cracks when hit or dropped.
- Other units suffer electrical and mechanical failures after just a few months of use. In a worst case scenario, they will stop working for various reasons while sitting in storage. Then you don’t have backup power when the grid goes down.
- The best generators are solid and reliable, rarely breaking unless abused or heavily used for years.
- INFO: Choosing the Best Power Generator
INFO: 9 Reasons Every Household Should Have a Portable Generator
Every generator requires maintenance. Diesel generators need less maintenance, but some people choose smaller gas generators for personal use or supplying power for small off-site projects.
- You need to change the oil, add gas and replace various filters on every generator. One question you need to ask is how difficult those tasks are.
- Some generators have to be nearly completely disassembled to replace a fuel filter or spark plug. Other units are nearly impossible to maintain because it is hard to get spare parts.
- Now you’re accelerating generator wear and tear via a clogged air filter because you can’t get a replacement one. Or you have to pay more than anticipated to get replacement spark plugs and air filters for your generator, driving up the total cost of ownership.
- INFO: Standby Generator Maintenance – Be Prepared for Power Outages
INFO: The Ins and Outs of Generators: The Types of Generators and Proper Maintenance
- YOUTUBE: 5 Tips to Keep Your Portable Generator Ready
YOUTUBE: HOW-TO Make Your Generator A Start Every Time!
Ease of Use:
Hopefully, you won’t need to use an emergency generator very often. However, every generator should be easy to use. Take the pull start, for example. If the generator has a pull-start, you shouldn’t have to pull it ten times to get it to start.
- If the generator relies on a push button to start, is that all you have to do? How complicated is the startup process? How hard is it to monitor the generator’s metrics like output, fuel level and oil level?
- INFO: 8 Different Types of Generators for Your Off-the-Grid Cabin
INFO: 5 Kinds of Realistic Off Grid Power Sources
- YOUTUBE: Types of Generators for Your Off-the-Grid Cabin
YOUTUBE: Whole House Standby Generator Protecting the Homestead
- FIND: fuel portable generators
FIND: standby generator
FIND: off-the-grid power generator
you never can tell when you might need your electric generator to protect food sources, business operations, and other off-the-grid needs in the event of power outages or lack of power sources.
- Having a portable electric generator can provide the necessary electric power that can sustain your needs or operations until full power returns.
Wind Power & Chargers
Generators & Solar Packs
or simply search by entering green home item or other remodeling need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
“Power Generators For Home”
|Common Types of Generators and Their Uses (same win)|
|Things To Consider When Buying A Whole House Generator For Additional Home Value (same win)|
|3 Key Benefits of Solar Powered Generators for Homeowners (same win)|
Find Electrical Services Electricians Lighting Design Fans Generators Electronics Home Security top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: electric generator by envato.com
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.