Handy wall sockets and blackout blinds just aren’t on their agenda. But princess castles and spaceships? Now that’s what they want.
Cast your mind back to when you were six years old. You had the imagination to come up with whatever landscape best suited the game you were playing in your head. Deserts and forests, oceans or mountain tops – anything was possible.
Imagine how fun it would have been if your bedroom had actually been a real space station, with galaxies and meteorite fields and everything? Oh, the fun you could have had boasting about that in the playground.
Giving your kid the fantasy bedroom of their dreams is much easier than you think. Mastering a few scenic art techniques will let you create whatever kind of landscape or world that you and your kid can come up with.
We’re going to talk you through one general theme, and highlight the different but basic painting effects that you can also transfer to your own project.
The ultimate fantasy forest
Forests are always a favorite. They can be home to fairies and monsters or knights and rebels, the possibilities are endless. Creating the impression of a thriving and beautiful forest is also pretty easy.
- First things first, paint the walls an earthy green. You can keep it simple with one color, but using a second green on a feature wall will add a little more variety and lighten up the room. When it comes to this feature wall, apply the paint with a dry sponge to add some natural texture.
- Next, you need to make a canopy of leaves for explorers to hide beneath by hanging camouflage netting from walls or ceilings. Before you fix it to the walls, make it look more natural by adding extra paints and natural colours. The best way to do this is to have a messy paint splattering party in the garden. Your kids will love it, and you won’t have to worry about damaging any carpets.
- Once it’s dry, it’s time to secure it in place. A good quality spray adhesive, and a couple of nails hidden in the corners will do just the trick.
- After that, all you need is a hammock, a quick practice of your woodland sound effects, and your kids will have the perfect forest adventure park right in their bedroom.
This is obviously a very general theme, but you can always have a little fun and add some individual touches. There are lots of how-to videos available online that can teach you more in depth techniques if you really want to go wild.
- COCOON OF WEIGHTLESSNESS - Created in the style that has been handed down for generations by native artisans in...
- BEST HAMMOCK QUALITY & LIFETIME WARRANTY - We’ve been selling Hammocks for over a decade. Based on years of...
- Enjoy a Comfortable Hammock Chair - this stylish hammock is comfortable and durable. It does not lose the cotton thread,...
- Quality Assurance: soft, sturdy chair is made of soft polyester/cotton, to ensure that they do not is torn or damaged,...
- ★ 【VALVE PACK】The double hammock with stand and carry bag is our top choice for combos. The double hammock is...
- ★ 【SPECIFICATIONS】Hammock made of cotton fabric, Machine Washable. Hammock bed is 59 x 78 Inch, with a total...
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API