Some of the most commonly items kept in a home safe include photos of the family, important certificates, passports, tax records and guns. However, not all expensive items should be kept in a home safe.
For instance, large chunks of money and expensive jewelry should not be kept in a home safe. For such items a bank would offer better security.
Most home safes are designed to protect your valuables from fire, theft and water. Acquiring a better modern home safe will require you to consider some factors such as:
Resistance to Fire
Fire is a major cause of loss of valuables for most people. Consequently, the number one factor to consider when buying a home safe is whether it is fireproof. Most traditional home safes were just simple boxes that were not fireproof. However, a lot has changed in the modern days and most of the home safes available in the market are fireproof.
The ability of a safe to resist fire is measured according to the type of material they are expected to protect and for how long they will protect it under fire. Safes meant to protect paper documents should not exceed hotness of 350 degrees on the inside during a fire. In most cases, home safes can withstand fire for about half an hour. This information should found on the safe as well as on the packaging.
This factor will measure how hard or easy it is for a burglar to break into the safe and get access to the valuables stored in there. This is tested using the tools that are likely to be used to break into the safe. Most home safes will not have information about how theft resistant they are but they provide protection for sure. Another way to measure the theft protection factor of a home safe is how easily it can be noticed. To reduce noticeability of home safes, some are concealed in walls or anchored in the floor.
10 Hiding Places To Store Your Valuables:[/blockquote]
Resistance to Water
This is an important feature of a home safe due to the risk of the safe coming into contact with water. Most modern safes will be water proof. This means that in case of floods or contact with water of the safe, the valuables stored in there will be safe.
The cost of a home safe is vital as one cannot buy what they cannot afford. The price of the safe should never exceed the value of the valuable to be stored in it. One should visit several sellers to find out the one that home safe that is suitable for their need.
Other factors to consider include:-
- Where to buy
- Where to locate it at home
- What to keep in it
Share the article to help friends keep their valuables safe!!!
- Fire-retardant security box with sturdy locking key latch keeps the box secure for office or home that is ideal for...
- Constructed of durable heavy-gauge steel with double-insulated walls to protect important documents, paperwork and other...
- Cash box features a removeable money tray to organize bills, coins, and receipts
- Money box is equipped with a key lock to keep the lid closed and money safe; perfect cash box for farmers markets,...
- ADVANTAGES: Jssmst is a registered trademark protected by U.S. Trademark law and will be vigorously defended, we are...
- UPGRADED SECURITY COMBINATION LOCK: Jssmst combination cash box is locked by security code( 3-number combination lock),...
Last update on 2019-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API