You invest a lot in your house. In fact, your complete savings go in buying and decorating your house.
The next step will be to protect this house. Typically people opt for the latest technology and buy gadgets that are trendy and latest in the market. But what they forget is that thieves are also aware of these gadgets and have already found ways to counter them.
In this age of technology, following the traditional methods may be the best form of protection for your home.
Inform your neighbors
Today we are spending a large part of our day outdoors. In fact, many times there are kids at home. All alone.
Even if you have employed a babysitter, keep your neighbors informed. This way they will keep be alert if any unknown persons or suspicious noises come from your house. In case you are going out on a vacation, inform your local police authorities.
You need more than burglar alarms
Remember that a power outage is enough to render your CCTV and burglar alarms useless. Opt for other ways to store your expensive items in the house.
Everyone knows about safety lockers as well as ways to steal them. Try to opt for hidden storage in the walls. These are cabinets built between walls that are not visible easily. They have levers to operate them which are located elsewhere. You can have artificial ceilings and floors and build in storage cabinets there.
How to Secure Your Home While You’re on Vacation:
Unique place to hide
Find out unique places where you can hide your valuables. These can be places where no one will ever look for valuables.
Some examples of unique places to hide valuables are:
- No one will look for valuables wrapped in a handkerchief and kept in the closet containing mops and dust pan.
- Or else that broken flower pot in the garden makes an excellent hiding place.
- The dusty attic with its old, broken furniture and other knick-knacks is another good option.
- Your cabinets and drawers can be deeper than they appear.
- There is space behind those pots in your kitchen.
- A large pile of currency can be put in a laundry bag and stored in the bathroom.
- Have a revolving book case and use the back for storage.
As you can see, there are ample storage spaces in your house that are highly effective. These are traditional ways to keep your valuables safe and those of your friends too.
Now you can easily do this when you share the contents of this article with them through social media! These are additional features in your house which you can incorporate when you are building a new house or renovating an old one.