“photo remodeling” image analysis
copyright image by twenty20.com
What do you see in the image above?
it’s the waterfalls that make this backyard pond so interesting. But you will need to dedicate a lot of landscape to achieve this type of waterfall effect. So if your backyard area is large enough – and if you have the funds to build an elevated rocky landscape if you don’t have a natural, sloping hill – then adding cascading waterfalls is the answer you need for an attractive and beautiful pond.
- However, you don’t need a large “hill side” to enjoy the flow of running water. Small elevated landscapes can be built to give you a similar effect. This could be in the corner section of your yard or patio area where a make-shift hill can be constructed to allow a cascading waterfall over rocks and other structures.
- INFO: build a backyard waterfall and stream
INFO: build a backyard waterfall up a slope
YOUTUBE: one day pondless waterfall
- INFO: how to build a waterfall with pics
YOUTUBE: build an artificial stone waterfall from scratch
Landscaping an elevated side:
it appears this waterfall structure was created from a hillside in the backyard area. Large boulders and rocks were placed strategically to achieve a natural looking hill with supporting waterfalls. It is a large illustration of a landscaped hillside. But even on a smaller scale, the need of hillside plantings will make your elevated waterfall look natural.
- Depending on the area size, you can plant small trees, junipers, palms, ferns, shrubs, ornamental grasses, and perennial flowers to give your mountain side the natural look you like.
- As you landscape your hillside with rocks and supporting features, make sure to allow garden planting space among the rocks for hillside plantings. You might want to consider using shrubs, ferns, and junipers that require less maintenance during the changing season.
- INFO: 10 lush landscaping ideas for a hilly backyard
INFO: choosing plants for sloping areas – what plants grow on slopes
YOUTUBE: landscaping ideas for sloped backyard
- FIND: junipers
FIND: shrubs and bushes
if your pond is big enough, why not add a large fountain spray that comes up between two landscape rocks. Or if you have a small pond area, you might consider a small fountain that trickles up.
- The idea for using waterfalls and fountains is pond circulation – not to mention the soothing sounds that running water makes. Pond water circulation is important for the continued health of the pond. These circulating features can also help in pond aeration – an important ecological task to keep the pond alive for fish and aquatic plants.
- INFO: does your waterfall pond have enough aeration
YOUTUBE: turn sump pump into a cheap DIY pond fountain
YOUTUBE: importance of aeration in your pond or water garden
- FIND: backyard pond fountain with lights
FIND: pond fountain pump
- FIND: pond waterfall kit
FIND: pond waterfall pump
- FIND: pond aerators
FIND: summersible pond pump
Building your pond:
of course we can forget that a waterfall must empty into a pond to recirculate back up to the cascading hill. The size of the waterfall will likely determine the size of your pond – in order to make it geometrically appeasing.
- Building a pond is simply carving out an area in your backyard and then adding materials for pond support and landscaping. It could be a simple pond with a pond liner with molded, cascading waterfall; or something bigger with natural ground and rock formations to form a waterfall.
- Either way, you just need a little know on how to build a pond structure that will give years of backyard pleasure. Make sure to add some nice landscaping, lighting, and perhaps some aquatic plants and fish.
- VIEW: large backyard pond ideas
VIEW: small backyard pond ideas
VIEW: patio pond ideas
- INFO: how to build a pond or water garden in your yard
YOUTUBE: bulding a backyard pond
- FIND: aquascape pond kit
FIND: pond plants
Maintaining your pond:
the pond is only good as it is maintained. This is especially true if your have aquatic plants and fish.
- You need to clean your pond regularly, manage weeds and nearby plant growth, control algae, maintain aeration and the right water level, and more. The pond is something you just can’t install and leave as is. You could hire a service contractor to check and clean the pond regularly. The best option is to take the necessary time and steps to maintain your pond for year-long enjoyment.
- INFO: how to maintain and care for a pond
INFO: pond seasonal maintenance
YOUTUBE: top 5 tips for maintaining a clean pond
- FIND: pond filters
FIND: pond algae control
- FIND: pond skimmer
FIND: pond cleaner
a backyard pond with a waterfall is a valued addition to any landscape. You can landscape the pond area with some interesting plants and aquatic life that will make this area of the yard a mountain or tropical paradise.
- It doesn’t take much – just some planning and the use of right tools and materials to create your backyard getaway.
What comments what can you share about this photo idea?
Fountains & Waterfalls
or simply search by entering garden water feature or other remodeling need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
|How to Fix Up a Yard With a Pond (same win)|
|How to Plumb Your Garden with a Relaxing Pond Feature (same win)|
|How To Manage Algae in Your Pond (same win)|
Find Yard n’ Garden Services Landscape Design Sprinkler Systems Metal Work Water Features Gazebos Play Equipment Outbuildings Fences top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: cold storage room by twenty20.com
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.