Instead of dealing with an unruly kitchen because of a tight budget, you should understand there are ways you can actually save on a kitchen remodel and still get the look of your dreams. No matter if it’s little fixes or a bigger project to tackle, here are six cost saving ideas for your kitchen remodel.
1. Hire Professionals When Necessary
It may seem like hiring professionals is counter-intuitive to saving money, but letting a professional do a job right the first time can actually be a cost savings. After all, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you may spend a lot of money trying to figure it out, or you may do it wrong that you need to hire a professional anyway.
According to Fix It Right Plumbing at https://www.fixitrightplumbing.com.au/plumber-mornington/,
“Hiring a professional to do important jobs, such as plumbing or electrical work, will reduce the overall cost you spend on your renovation and ensures there are no longstanding problems you’ll need to deal with later.”
2. Repurpose Lighting
You need lighting in your kitchen but buying new light fixtures for the kitchen can be very expensive. Instead of spending a good chunk of your budget on light fixtures, why not consider repurposing the ones you have?
For instance, you can easily save money on light fixtures by spray painting those that are outdated. If you have brass light fixtures in your kitchen, a quick spray with some oil rubbed bronze or matte black spray paint will give them new life, and all you will have spent is money on spray paint!
In addition to painting, think if you have lights in other parts of the house that could be used in the kitchen instead. Or, consider making your own light fixtures using pipes or other materials around your home. All of these options allow you to keep your budget in check while renovating.
3. Paint Cabinets
Buying new cabinets will take up a decent chunk of your renovation budget, so instead of buying all new cabinets, why not consider painting the ones you have? This allows you to take a drab and dreary kitchen and give it new life by lightening it up.
For instance, dark wood cabinets may give your kitchen a tight feel but painting them white or re-staining them a lighter wood color allows you to bring new life to the kitchen, make it feel bigger, and do all of this at a fraction of the cost. Just keep in mind that if you’re going to paint the cabinets yourself, there are certain tips and tricks to follow, so watch some videos or talk to a professional before starting.
4. Opt for Open Shelving
If you cannot repurpose your old cabinets or you just don’t want to, you can still save money. Instead of buying all new cabinets, you can opt for an open shelving look. This allows you to spend less money and still have plenty of storage for all your kitchen appliances. Plus, you can opt for open shelving throughout the entire kitchen, or you can mix and match open shelving with traditional cabinets to give your kitchen a look that’s all yours.
5. Choose Cost-Effective Countertops
While granite or marble may seem like the most attractive options for your kitchen countertops, there are plenty of attractive and cost-effective options to choose from.
Consider butcher block as an option, as this is very attractive and very affordable. In addition, laminate countertops have come a long way in their look and feel, and they are much more affordable than a stone countertop.
6. Keep Appliances in Place
The major thing that gets expensive with a kitchen renovation is when you start to move everything around. When this occurs, you need to move plumbing, electrical, and gas, and that’s where cost starts to add up. Instead of allowing this to occur, handle your kitchen renovation without moving your appliances. This way, you’ll only have to focus on the aesthetics and not the structure, and this will save you money.
Renovating a kitchen can be exciting, but it can also be expensive. If you’re looking for the best possible ways to save on your next kitchen remodeling project, using these tips can be a very big help.
other valuable tips:
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- Great for easily moving Keurig Coffee makers, drip coffee makers, blenders, toasters and large mixers
- Easily press lever to move forward for use and backward for storage
- MAKE YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS: This dehydrator is a simple and fast way to make delicious healthy and natural snacks such as...
- EASY TO USE: A rotary knob allows for easy adjustment to keep the temperature from 104 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
- EFFORTLESS USAGE - Our sliding tray will ease up your burdens by holding out all types of kitchen appliances from light...
- VERSATILE SLIDING TRAY - Our caddy sliding shelf is perfect for coffee makers, blenders, food processors, appliances,...
- Perfect for all small countertop appliances
- Great for Keurig makers, drip coffee makers, blenders, mixers, and toasters
- THE #1 VERSATILE SLIDING TRAY - Whatever it is - Keurig coffee makers, Cuisinart, Hamilton, Kitchenaid, Vitamix...
- SUPER STURDY AND DEPENDABLE TOOL - Made of durable and toxic-free ABS material, our sliding coffee maker tray is sturdy...
Last update on 2019-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API