Not so long ago, the kitchen was the most neglected room in a home. It used to be where mothers disappeared for a few seconds and later came up with a meal.
That is no longer the case. The kitchen has evolved and can be used to perform a wide range of activities like cooking, dining and also entertainment. It is for that reason that it is very important to include kitchen remodeling in your home improvement strategy.
However, problems usually arise when it comes to choosing the perfect kitchen remodeling ideas. Below are considerations for an ideal kitchen remodeling.
Without proper lighting, the plumbing and appliances will sit lifeless. The best thing is that it’s probably the most affordable and profound design aspect of your kitchen. You should cleverly position lights in most parts of your kitchen including above your sink and the preparation area.
You should also consider maximizing on natural light. Open your curtains wide and you would see the difference that it brings to your kitchen.
A small kitchen shouldn’t be an excuse for inadequate spacing, since you can always create space. With space, you can also access your appliances easier and faster, thereby saving time.
So, how do you create space in your kitchen?
Keep your cabinets high and build them upwards, not sideways. This will ensure that you keep as much floor space as possible. Moreover, you can fix shelves to the walls to increase the storage area in your kitchen. You can also consider using well crafted backless stools that don’t take up much space.
Color is very important since it gives your kitchen warmth and character. Therefore, you should not shy away from bold colors ranging from deep blue to grey tones or soft hues of brown, green or yellow. If your walls are white, why go for white cupboards?
You can also achieve a stunning effect by placing potted flowers in your kitchen using vases of different colors. Moreover, you can include paintings and wallpapers to give you your desired look.
Colored cabinets makes your kitchen more interesting and gives you the opportunity to inject personality into your space. It transforms a plain kitchen into a dual-toned space with unique and deep visual appeal.
The flooring of a modern kitchen is very important. It not only needs to match your decor but it’s also supposed to make your feet comfortable as possible (even while barefoot).
The best flooring material that you can use is wood. Though a bit expensive, it is safer than the other tiles since it does not get very slippery when exposed to water. Moreover, wooden tiles match with virtually any decor and therefore you do not have to struggle hard to make it blend with the other components in the kitchen.
|Find Kitchen Remodeling Services|
|Kitchen Remodeling and Design|
|Cabinets & Countertops|
|Flooring||Painting & Staining|
|top-rated, pre-screened local contractors|
|FREE: download contractor selection|
|enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™|
If you cannot get tiles made of wood, you can try tiles made of limestone, porcelain or marble. The best thing about these tiles is that they are highly versatile and they can be molded into any shapes, size and color that you may prefer for your kitchen.
Kitchen remodeling is an important aspect of any home.
Do you have friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Google+ or any other social media platform? Then you can help them make informed decisions when it comes to kitchen remodeling.
Share this valuable information with your friends. Remember: Sharing is definitely caring.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- ETL listed, hard-wired, Bulbs are sold separately: B017KDANWO
- Modern clear glass crystal pendant lighting, use 3*G9 based bulbs(not included)
- Flat/Sloped Ceiling Available: this pendant iIncluding an sloped adapter, this light fixtures ceiling can be used to the...
- Dimmable: the light fixtures is fully dimmable when used with a dimmable bulb and compatible dimmer switch
- This modern 5-light island pendant features metal frame and clear glass shade in a beautiful oil rubbed bronze finish
- Easy installation. Includes all mounting hardware. UL listed with a one-year warranty
- CLEAR GLASS CYLINDRICAL SHADE - 5" diameter x 11" h clear glass shade allows for maximum light output. Perfect for...
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE STEM MOUNTED - no visible wiring, includes three 12", one 8" and one 4" hard stems to allow a variety...
- DIMENSIONS: Overall 11.75"W x 30.5"L x 62"H. Shade 11.75"W x 30.5"L x 10.75"H. Ceiling Canopy 5.5"W x 17.75"L x 1"H
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: 50"H fully adjustable rod length (includes six 12", two 8" and two 6" rods to allow a variety of...
Last update on 2019-01-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API