Therefore, if you believe that you have bed bugs in your home, then you will want to treat them as soon as possible.
What Disease Do Bed Bugs Carry?
According to the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Pennsylvania University, bed bugs carry the parasite Trypanosoma cruzi causing Chagas disease. Bed bugs deposit the parasite through their feces. While they can deposit it anyplace on a person, researchers say that it is most common for this parasite to be deposited on the face.
Chagas disease can go undetected for months, but once it reaches the acute stage, it can cause heart problems and intestinal issues. There are very few options for treatment for this disease.
What Are Side Effects from Bed Bugs?
These nocturnal bugs often bite people when they are sleeping causing red welts and blotches. As a result, they itch, so people naturally scratch them. The scratching can open up wounds in the skin allowing bacteria to enter in. While the blotches and welts often resemble mosquito bites, they often stick around for up to two weeks giving people plenty of opportunity to spread infection by scratching.
How Do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
You are as likely to find bed bugs in immaculate homes as you are in dirty ones as they can flatten their bodies to about the thickness of a credit card allowing them to hide in sacks, suitcases and just about anywhere. Once you have them in your home, they can be difficult to spot and each one can multiply many times during the course of a year. Therefore, it is necessary to treat as quickly as possible.
Start by washing all of your bedding in hot water. Anything that cannot be washed needs to be put in the dryer and run on a hot setting for 30 minutes. Use a stiff brush to remove them from the bedding, and vacuum the room immediately. Call a bed bug exterminator to treat your home.
While it can be extremely easy to get bed bugs, without professional help, it can be nearly impossible to get rid of them. They can carry Chagas disease and cause a person to scratch setting up conditions for skin infections. Get rid of them by cleaning the bedroom completely and calling a professional.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- Instant Exterminator - This bed bug spray from MDX Concepts is the best solution to completely destroy the bed bug...
- It can be your go-to product without thinking twice and is natural. It is made up of essential oils and is completely...
- How It Works: The patented system sends ultrasound to disorient and perturb pests, so they can't feed or nest there,...
- 100% Kid and Pet Safe: Ultrasonic sound is inaudible to humans and household pets; Environmentally friendly alternative...
- ✔️SPRAY AWAY SLEEP ANXIETY… with confidence your mattress won’t bite. Bed bug bites are known to cause insomnia,...
- ✔️NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS… our proprietary blend uses Eco-friendly essential oils instead of questionable...
- PROVEN 100% EFFECTIVE — Journal of Economic Entomology published university study and Snell Scientifics published...
- PLANT-BASED, NON-TOXIC, CHILD AND PET SAFE — Made using natural, organic, and non-toxic ingredients. No more worries...
Last update on 2020-07-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
May We Suggest Some Key Topics on
|A Look at Invasive Urban Pests|
|Stop Those Creepy Crawlers: 5 Pest Control Secrets|
|3 Pest Control Mistakes to Avoid|
|more photo remodeling|
Let’s Jump Over to Photo Remodeling Center for Ideas on
"Everything Home Safety"
Do You Find This Sunday Morning Tip Helpful?
|sunday morning feed|