There are several surface options available to you including the following.
1. Granite countertops — Granite just may be the most popular choice for homeowners and that should be no surprise. Granite adds character to any kitchen and it can also be customized. You can choose from unique grains and enjoy a level of durability that is hard to match elsewhere. Granite is heat, stain and scratch resistant, making it a surface you’ll love year after year.
2. Quartz countertops — Quartz is manufactured by combining ground quartz, resin and pigments to create a look that is beautiful and tough. Its pricing is similar to granite, but with one added attraction: antimicrobial protection is added. Explore your color and pattern options to get a look that enhances your kitchen.
3. Stainless steel countertops — Professional chefs and serious cooks prize all things stainless steel. Its a look that is both professional and elegant, what many homeowners choose for their refrigerators, stoves, and dishwashers. Stainless steel is also entirely appropriate for countertops, delivering a heat- and stain-resistant surface, one that can be easily cleaned and sanitized.
4. Copper countertops — For a more “earthy” look, copper countertops are used in some kitchens. When mixed with external substances, beautiful reds, greens and browns can give copper a stunning finish. What’s more, copper is easy to clean and maintain, and it is a surprisingly affordable option to your other high end choices.
5. Wood countertops — A butcher block look can enhance any country kitchen, wood that only looks better as it ages. Wood’s natural appeal can look great in any home, with occasional maintenance keeping surfaces looking “like new” for many years. Bamboo, walnut, sapele, and hickory are the most common woods used.
6. Recycled materials countertops — Some homeowners have “green” designs on their kitchen update, desiring to go with materials that have the least amount of impact on the environment. Recycled materials such as glass, cement, soapstone, cork, and slate can be used. Easy to clean, durable and attractive, countertops made from recycled materials also provide a visual statement generally not seen elsewhere. And they can easily be recycled again when you choose your next kitchen update.
Some homeowners prefer laminate countertops and for a number of good reasons. Laminate is available in a wide variety of colors, easy to maintain and very reasonably priced. It is also ideal for homeowners that prefer to change the kitchen’s look every few years to provide an affordable and enjoyable update for most any budget.
Get several estimates when considering your next kitchen countertop improvement project. Measure your countertop, choose your finish and get pricing based on what you have selected. Your home store may provide a calculator too, what you can use to get a ballpark project estimated price before you solicit for business.