Decks cost thousands of dollars and that investment must be maintained if you hope to make use of this outdoor living area for many years. One of the best ways to keep your deck looking great is by using a pressure washer, the perfect tools for removing grime, salt, sap and other insults which can mar your deck’s finish and hasten its deterioration.
You’ll need to have several tools on hand before you pressure wash your deck. Gloves, goggles, a pressure washing machine and the appropriate cleansing solution are required. Let’s take a step by step look on how you clean your deck the right way:
Clear off your deck completely.
Remove all furniture, toys, bric a brac and anything else in or around your deck. That means removing the bird feeder attached to the posts, placing everything far away from the deck area.
Change into old clothes and put on your goggles and gloves.
Rinse the deck.
Your garden hose can be used to rinse off your deck, removing a layer of dirt and debris before applying the power wash.
Fill up the pressure washer.
Rent or buy a pressure washer and fill it up with the proper mix of water and cleansing agent.
Practice, then work.
Hold onto your pressure washer tightly and squeeze the handle to allow for the water solution to emerge from the canister. Sweep your arm back and forth over the surface of the deck, overlapping areas already cleansed to ensure complete coverage of the deck. Allow the solution to penetrate into the deck as per the instructions given.
Rinse the deck.
With clean water only, thoroughly rinse off the deck, ensuring that no cleansing agent remains.
Seal the deck.
Every year or two your deck should be sealed to prevent deterioration. A sealant such as Thompson’s WaterSeal can provide the protection your deck requires. Thompson sells deck wash, deck cleanser, deck stripper and deck cleaner & brightener products too. A good sealant product will also stain your deck, restoring it to its original, young look.
- Cleans decks, Fences and other outdoor structures such as pergolas, gazebos and carports
- Lifts away tough grime, oils and grease and eliminates stains from mold, mildew, algae, Moss, mud and clay
- A very effective, all-surface cleaner for fiberglass, vinyl, plastic, rubber, metal and painted surfaces
- Special chelating agents lift dirt and spills without the need for heavy scrubbing
- Powerful fast-foaming action that starts working on contact
- All you need to do is apply, scrub and rinse to lift dirt and wipe out stains caused by moss, mold, mildew, algae and...
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API