first “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by https://123rf.com/
Spring planting is fast approaching – are your ready?
So what’s needed – gardening tools:
whether you will be planting flowers, bulbs, vegetable garden seed, shrubs or trees, you will need to right tools for the job. These tools may include garden shovels, spades, bulb planters, pruners, lawn cutting, and more. Having the right tools will make your garden planting go much easier.
- INFO: 15 common gardening tools and their uses
INFO: 53 different types of gardening tools (Mega List)
INFO: choosing the right garden tools for your vegetable garden
- FIND: gardening tool set
FIND: garden shovels for digging
FIND: garden power tools
FIND: garden tillers
What’s needed – proper clothing:
do you plan to get dirty once you start working in the garden? Especially is you are spreading fertilizers and manure! You can probably put on some old clothes just for gardening. Or better yet, dress yourself up properly to make your neighbors think you are a serious gardener.
- But more importantly, dress accordingly to protect you from the sun, poisonous plants and biting insects.
- INFO: how to dress for gardening
INFO: avoid poisonous plants when working outdoors
INFO: five sun care tips for gardeners
- FIND: garden apron
FIND: garden gloves
FIND: garden protective glasses
FIND: garden sun hat
What’s needed – irrigation systems:
just about any garden you decide to plant – perhaps other than a cactus garden – will require ample water in order to grow and thrive. Some flowering plants and vegetables only require minimal amounts; others require much more. So unless you live in an area where you have steady rain, you will need an irrigation system to help your garden grow.
- Your best option is an underground system that can be automated. If that is not an option of your garden, then an hose with some sprinkler system will need to be available and handy especially during those hot, scorching summer days.
- INFO: vegetable watering chart
INFO: the absentee gardener: how to water your vegetable garden without being home
INFO: how to install a drip irrigation system in your yard
INFO: install an underground sprinkler system
- FIND: garden hose
FIND: hose sprikler
FIND: drip irrigation
FIND: underground irrigation system
What’s needed – hydroponic gardening:
have you considered hydroponic garden over regular ground gardening? Hydroponic garden takes some expertise – but it can yield some positive gardening results that are more economical.
- This type of gardening is perfect for urban homes where a backyard gardening plot may be small or unavailable.
- INFO: what is hydroponics
INFO: hydroponic systems 101
INFO: hydroponics for beginners
- FIND: hydroponics garden system
FIND: hydroponics supplies
FIND: hydroponic seed starter
FIND: hydroponic nutrients
What’s needed – composting systems:
one of the garden components – especially as you care, grow and use your garden – where you can discard plant stocks, weeds and other biological garden and household items.
- Use the pile for your biological waste. And with compositing supplies such a worms and environmentally-friendly enzymes, your compost pile can become enriched fertilizer that can be used to feed your garden.
- INFO: all about composting – the black gold for gardening
INFO: composting for beginners
INFO: composting 101
- FIND: compost starter
FIND: compost soil
FIND: compost worms
FIND: compost tumbler
continue to scroll below for more detail reference for vegetable gardening, flower gardening, using ornamental grasses, and establishing a fruit orchard. Everything you need to get ready for spring planting. Happy gardening!
What comments what can you share about this photo idea?
Quik scroll to next topic about spring planting – vegetable garden
|SHOP: gardening tools (see below)|
|AMAZON: spring garden seeds (new win)|
|PINTEREST: spring gardening ideas (new win)|
|INFO: history of gardening (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: properly re-mineralize garden (new win)|
other photo remodeling ideas
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
|Gardening 101: Landscaping and Vegetable Gardening Don’t Need to Be Mutually Exclusive (same win)|
|Tips on How to Get Started with Gardening (same win)|
|Irrigation Made Easy – Automate Your Gardening (same win)|
second “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by twenty20.com
Let’s start with a vegetable garden
- A vegetable garden is an important first step in backyard gardening. It will develop important garden skills and develop food sources for your family. As your skills improve with experience, use the garden to produce food that can be canned for year round use.
- Link over to “starting a garden vegetable” for more information and photos:
Quik scroll to next topic about spring planting – flower garden
|IMAGES: vegetable garden layout (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: starting a vegetable garden (new win)|
or simply search by entering garden care item or other gardening need
third “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by twenty20.com
Landscape with flowers
- Perhaps flowers is what your landscape will look like? Building both a perennial and annual garden with color that you can enjoy all season long. You can maintain a separate flower and vegetable garden. Or you can intermingle flowers within your garden to give you color and vegetables. Flowers are a great addition to any landscape.
- Link over to “flower gardening” for more information and photos:
Quik scroll to next topic about spring planting – ornamental flowers
|IMAGES: flower garden layout (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: start flower garden (new win)|
A collection of our favorite pics in garden landscaping and design for the perfect garden…
Every garden needs decorating. Whether it means some garden statures, gazing balls, wind chimes, and…
fourth “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by twenty20.com
Add some ornamental grasses
- Why ornamental grasses? Because they are easy to maintain and they can accent both flowering and vegetable gardens. Use these grasses as a border or background to give your garden some height and color.
- Just make sure the grasses don’t block any valuable sunlight or water sprinkling needs for your flowers and vegetables. You can find ornamental grasses in is all styles, heights, and color that would look great for any garden.
- Link over to “ornamental grass” for more information and photos:
about ornamental grasses (same win)
Quik scroll to next topic about spring planting – fruit orchard
|SERVICES: gardening contractors (see below)|
|IMAGES: ornametal grass garden (new win)|
|REMODELING: garden design (same win)|
Find Landscaping/Maintenance Landscape Design Landscape Maintenance Pest Control Sprinkler Systems Tree & Shrubs Water Features top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
fifth and last “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by pixabay
Don’t forget the fruit
- Our last gardening piece is planting a fruit orchard and/or berry patch. This requires a bit more skills and time since fruit trees will need 2-3 years of growth before producing any significant growth of fruit.
- Note that fruit orchards and patches require more land space with full sunlight in order to produce. But it is certainly worth the investment considering the amount of fruit you can harvest and can for year-round enjoyment.
- Link over to “fruity sections” for more information and photos:
|IMAGES: fruit garden layout (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: planning fruit garden (new win)|
Cover image credit: spring planting by Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.