What to know about Marigold Flowers –
they are easy to grow in most soils – and marigolds last all summer long and into the fall with with yellow, gold and orange colors in petal or disc florets. Marigolds do best in temperate climates. They will not survive the winter; and may not do well in hot, summer conditions. Depending on the variety, they can be used in medium shade or full sunny areas or containers.
- Seeds will germinate freely in sunny or half-sunny locations, but plants do best if planted in sunny locations with rich, well-drained soil. Marigolds typically bloom quickly from seed (in under two months). Best to deadhead dying blooms for continued production.
- REFERENCE: wikipedia
Where to grow:
in sunny bed locations – however, that can survive in semi-shade depending on the variety. You can find both low growing “french” marigolds and high growing “african” marigolds.
- French marigolds are low growing (6-12 inches); they do well as bordering plants. African marigolds can grow up to 3 feet high; perfect as accent flowers with perennials and ornamental grasses.
- INFO: how to plant, grow, and care for marigolds
INFO: about the marigold family
Marigold color falls within the yellow-to-orange spectrum – with some white blooms. Mix the flower with other colored plants like lobelia, which offers a deep blue petal flower. Blue and yellow are a perfect match for a flower garden.
- You could also plant varying colors and height marigolds to produce a cascading flower bed of yellows, golds and orange. Marigolds are easy to grow and to maintain. They are also drought tolerant – they don’t need to be watered frequently.
- INFO: how to landscape with marigolds
INFO: types of marigolds
Light: full sun – Height: 6-12 inches (french); 1-3 feet (african) – Width: 6 to 10 inches (french); 1-2 feet (african) – Season: spring, summer and fall blooms – Features: low maintenance, good for containers, drought tolerant – Propagation: seed – Zones: 2-11: INFO: view growing zones
- What comments can you share?
or simply search by entering annual flower name or other remodeling need
Find Landscaping/Maintenance Landscape Design Landscape Maintenance Pest Control Sprinkler Systems Tree & Shrubs Water Features top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
other related garden landscaping:
Cover image credit: landscaping with marigold flowers by Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.