It’s advisable to look for an experienced air conditioning company before purchasing one. At least, you avoid hiring inexperienced service providers who may interfere with your AC or worsen the condition during the installation.
AC system is complex and a huge investment for any homeowner to provide air quality and ventilation in your home. And that’s why you should never rush the decision to hire AC conditioning services without ensuring they are best fitted for the installation process.
So, here are the steps you need to take before hiring your AC service provider.
Research your air conditioning installation services
Take time during your research stage because you will come face-to-face with many potential service providers. Make sure you request every professional AC service provider to provide you with detailed estimates of the installation process.
Some will try to lure you into deals by coming to your home for a free inspection for free. Take advantage of this first-hand visit to ask for more information, especially their quotes.
- Share about the brand you need to install
- Show them the area you’d like the AC to cover
- Share any other work that may involve the installation process
- Get to identify during the quoting process whether the service provider understands the processes involved.
Licensing & Experience
Your AC installation is a vital process and a valuable tool in keeping your home air balanced. You must be sure that the AC expert coming to install has a good track record of doing the process professionally. Check that they have appropriate training because this is your home and the safety of your family is something you need to consider.
States like Ohio require that AC installation service providers have proper licensing. Before a service provider acquires a license, they must have attained at least 5 years of experience in the AC installation field before the application date.
Also, the Company must be able to hold a minimal bonding level and insurance. Insurance helps protect the homeowner if an injury occurs or even accidental damage during the AC installation process.
some HVAC systems to consider
The other thing you need to consider before hiring an AC company is to ask for their experience. You can get a licensed company with all documentation and have many years in the industry but that does not mean they have enough experience.
Other things to check in a company are:
- All the company technicians are drug tested
- Make sure Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given the company an A+ rating
- Please verify that all company technicians have their background checked and with no criminal record
- How to vet an AC installation service provider
- If you have researched various companies and identified a couple of them you can work with, you need to narrow down your list to three names.
- Go to Google business pages to check every company you have identified. Check the reviews, especially their star rating, to see their cumulative ranking. That should be a guide enough to vet your potential service providers.
- Go to every website of every company. Check whether every company is associated with any industry associations. Check for awards, or whether it’s affiliated or belongs to the city Chambers of Commerce. The other thing to look for is a certification that is listed on their website. All these details will help you score their expertise depending on what they have achieved over the years since inception.
The other step is to visit every company’s social media page. You will realize that companies active on social media often post photos of their happy clients and tasks are done.
Also, you will see customer reviews which could be a good sign about the level of service the company provides. All these aspects allow you to understand the relationship of the company and the customers.
Ask for referrals
Installation of your AC requires a high level of expertise and only people you can trust. Therefore, you can enquire from friends and family to connect you with companies they’ve used in the past to fix their AC.
Your referrals can help you get the right competent service provider, offer a friendly budget, and have a good reputation for their past clients.
other related articles of interest:
AC systems bring health and comfort to your home. However, that is only guaranteed after meeting the demands shared above. It’s not an easy process to acquire the right air conditioning installation services.
You have to scrutinize several of them until you identify the right one to install the AC your way and professionally. The right company helps install the AC by following all the needed requirements, which enhances its functionality.
Find Home Cooling Services Air Conditioning Cooling Fans Thermostats top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Image credit: air conditioning installation services by envato.com
end of post … please share it!
Window/Ductless Air Conditioners