Thus, it is advisable to take great care of this valuable addition to ensure it stays clean and healthy.
Here is how you should care for and maintain your swimming pool.
Take Care of the Circulation
Proper care for your pool begins with pool circulation. The pump, filter, jets, and skimmer make up your pool’s circulatory system. If any of these parts are impeded, the quality of water will deteriorate.
The pump is regarded as the heart of your pool. If the water in the pool is stagnant, then the pump must be faulty or the filter is not working.
The more you run the filtration system, the cleaner your water will be.Furthermore, stagnant water is a popular breeding ground for algae.
For most people, running the pump for 24 hours may sound unrealistic; thus, it is recommended that you run it for about 10 and12 hours each day. Always backwash or clean the filter from time to time usually, if the pump gauge reads 10psi above the standard, which is usually about 10 and 15psi.
Cleaning the skimmer and pump basket is essential for overall pool maintenance. Clogged baskets make it harder to pump water. This in turn, stresses the seals and decreases the lifespan of your pump.
Frogs may get stuck in the clutter; hence, you would want them removed in good time. Another straightforward adjustment is to ensure that your pool jets point away from the skimmer to ensure that the water cycles in a circular manner. This encourages the pool water to rotate and enables the skimmer to get rid of debris.
Normalize Thorough and Regular Cleaning
Cleaning is also a necessary action for proper pool maintenance. Brush or skim once each day, and vacuum every week. Scrub the walls with a brush to prevent algae formation, scaling, or staining. Also, buy a net or leaf rake to use while skinning on the pool’s water surface to remove large floating debris.
some pool fun ideas to consider
Vacuuming is yet another essential part of cleaning the bottom of your pool. It helps remove debris that blocks water circulation or damages your pool. Pool resurfacing in Winter Green, or in a location near you, can give your pool a new surface appearance by sandblasting or hydro blasting, or bond coating, which are jobs best left to resurfacing professionals.
Check Your Pool’s Chemistry
Observing your pool’s chemistry is a vital part of proper pool care. It helps keep your pool water clean. If your water is balanced, you are less prone to deal with issues, such as green water, cloudy water, or the accumulation of harmful bacteria.
For good results, test your water each week. Some testing kits tell you what you need to add to maintain the balance at optimum levels.
The essential ranges to keep in mind are:
- An ideal pH of about 7.5 is neither too high nor too low pH levels to encourage corrosion or increased algae growth.
- Ideal Calcium hardness should be about 200 – 400 ppm. Low levels of calcium hardness may damage your pool’s vinyl liner or plaster finish. While very high levels of calcium hardness will form deposits of calcium on the walls and floor.
- Alkalinity of about 120 and150 ppm is vital. If it goes beyond this range, the water may become cloudy, and if it falls below this range, your swimming pool’s surfaces are more susceptible to staining.
- Chlorine is typically available in tablets, granules, or sticks. It helps break down harmful bacteria and also sanitizes the pool water. Always ensure that chlorine levels are stable to ensure that the water remains clean.
- Very high phosphate levels in your pool may make your water appear green or cloudy and can as well lead to increased algae growth.
- Also, normalize overloading the pool with a sanitizer every fortnight to kill any bacteria, organic matter, or excess contaminants, commonly referred to as pool shocking.
other related articles of interest:
Follow the basic above-written guidelines for proper pool care, and you will always have a health and crystal-clear pool. The key takeaway is establishing a routine and taking action as soon as you notice any discoloration, scaling, or cloudy water. Your goal is to maintain your swimming pool for year-round enjoyment.
Find Pool n’ Ponds Services Swimming Pools Spas & Hot Tubs Water Features Fencing top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Image credit: maintain your swimming pool by envato.com
end of post … please share it!