When you are looking to improve your plumbing system, hiring a plumber can be a good idea. However, there are still many repairs that you can make at home on your own.
There are five parts of your plumbing system that you need to know if you are going to make a plumbing repair at your home.
Main Water Valve
Whenever you are moving into a new property, the main thing that you need to know is where the main water shut-off valve is. This valve is often located in the basement of the home our even outside. When you have a leak in your home that cannot be controlled, the shut-off valve will be able to prevent any more water from coming into your property.
Another important part of the plumbing system is a sink valve. While you can have a main water valve that will be used to prevent water from getting into your home, you will also want to know about the other valves, like a cast globe valve. The sink valves can be used to turn off water to a specific sink, which is ideal when there is a drip or leak.
Having hot water is a necessity. Because of this, you should be able to know where your hot water heater is and how to make some simple repairs. These are generally left on the lowest level of your home.
Connectors and Fittings
When you have a plumbing system in your home, there will likely be many different pipes that are used to take water from one area of your home to the next. To ensure that the pipes go in the right direction, you will want to use connectors and fittings as they will help to maintain direct your pipes throughout your home.
The most important part of any home plumbing system are your pipes. The pipes are necessary to carry water from one area of your home to the next. You will normally be able to get an understanding of the condition of the pipes in your home by looking at those that are exposed, such as those that are in the basement of your home.
Ultimately, having knowledge about your home’s plumbing system will help you to identify issues and even make certain repairs. These five parts of the plumbing system are very important to know as they will help you in many situations, including during a water emergency.
May We Suggest Some Key Topics on
|Dangers of Letting Unqualified Plumbers Handle Your Plumbing Problems|
|Safety Tips for DIY Plumbing Work|
|4 Easy Hacks To Help Extend The Life Of Your Home’s Plumbing|
How About Some Shopping Ideas to Address
"Plumbing and Bathroom"?
|more photo remodeling|
Let’s Jump Over to Photo Remodeling Center for Ideas on
A collection of our favorite pics in bathroom faucets in both single and dual handles...
A collection of our favorite pics in kitchen sinks (single and double) for kitchen design,...
Do You Find This Sunday Morning Tip Helpful?
|sunday morning feed|
- Simplifies Toilet & Tank Removal
- Patented "V" Blade Stops Bolt Spin
- PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT tool : Please pay attention to the professionalism of our products. professional sink and faucet...
- Adapt to the size of the nut & water pipe and Detailed size of the wrench : This wrench suitable for 1/2 in. (DN15), 3/4...
- The RIDGID One Stop Wrench features two wrenches in a single tool making plumbing work quick and easy
- Provides the exact wrenches you need to install angle stops and compression couplings
- Tool is factory calibrated. PIPE CUTTER is inside of 1/2"Crimper!!
- Angled-heads for access to tight spaces with ease.
- Bucket Boss The Bucketeer Bucket Tool Organizer in Brown, 10030
- 3 interior loops for hammers, drills, pry bars and other long-handled tools
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API