If you have a loveseat and a few chairs, you could move them off to the side and entertain right from the kitchen, or if you have a small kitchen space, you could also have guests help themselves to a bar that is set up in the kitchen area so that they can take in all the hard work that you put into your renovations.
Entertaining With a Home Bar
First off, if you are hosting a cocktail party, you will need a bar. It doesn’t have to be extravagant or over-the-top, but it does need a few essential items. You will need a table, side table, or cart to have your drink items on.
You should also have glasses, stirrers, and small napkins of colorful coasters to encourage guests to place their drinks on them rather than directly on your furniture.
You will want to stock your bar with all the really good stuff, like great wine, beer, vodka, and whiskey. Make sure to buy plenty of flavored syups, such as those at Monin Canada.
Try some favorites like grenadine, raspberry and mango. You should also include a bucket of ice, or if you are hosting in your kitchen, you can have guests use the ice maker in your fridge.
Having the Proper Glassware
This is your chance to be creative, so take full advantage. You want it to be classy since it is a cocktail party, so that means that you need to use the proper glassware. In other words, no red plastic cups. If you are on a budget and low on glassware, you could always hit up your local thrift store and look for some neat and interesting glasses. You probably won’t find a full set, but that’s ok because it will make your get-together feel retro and trendy. Just be sure to include the right sized glasses. For example, wine glasses for wine, etc.
If you want to use coasters but you have a limited budget, you could look online for some nifty ideas. There are seemingly limitless ways to create fun and inexpensive coasters from items that you probably have around the house, as well.
Since it is a cocktail party, you don’t want to have a large meal or heavy entrees. Instead, keep it light. Serve a variety of cheeses, a vegetable tray, and fresh fruit to pick from, then something a little more filling like little smokies or tiny sandwiches. You could also serve a delicate dessert such as a tiramisu.
Planning and Setting Up Your Party
You should send out invites to your guests, or at least send an email invite, with all the important dates, such as what to wear, the time, place, and what you will be serving. Be sure to give your guests a couple of weeks to mark the date in their calendar and to prepare to come.
You will also want to set the mood of your party. If you want it to have a sophisticated feel, you should opt for dim lighting and play some jazzy music in the background. Light a few candles, use led candles, or have floating candles in clear glass jars set around your home.
Planning is key when it comes to pulling off any party. The more organized and prepared that you are, the more relaxed you will be. You will then be able to enjoy the most important person at the party–you! A host or hostess that is stressed is not very enjoyable to be around, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time to set up your party. You could also give a tour of your home and use the opportunity to show off your newly-renovated abode.
other valuable readings:
A great cocktail party is more sophisticated, but you don’t have to break the bank. If you are creative and plan ahead, you will be able to find many of the items that you need on sale, and you will have time to shop around and to gradually build up your supply. The main thing is to have fun, to enjoy your newly-renovated home, and your guests. Just be prepared to gloat a little.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- SLEEK DESIGN BAMBOO STAND FOR BAR TOOLS STORAGE » Attracting your guests attention has never been so easy :). Besides...
- TOP MATERIALS: RUSTPROOF & DISHWASHER SAFE » Our superior design products undergoes restricted inspection in the U.S....
- FOOD GRADE 100% PURE QUALITY COPPER - JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL 1941 MULE: A29 Moscow Mule Mugs are not only authentic...
- IMPRESSIVE HANDCRAFTING - HAND HAMMERED COPPER MUG DESIGN: These are genuinely handcrafted Copper Moscow Mule Mugs....
- Set of four double old fashioned glasses in the Marquis by Waterford Markham pattern
- Perfect for serving scotch, whiskey or mixed drinks
- THE SHOWPIECE SHAKER - typical of the kind of set you'd see professional mixologists using, this stainless steel shaker...
- COMPLETE SET - be confident you have everything you need to make all your favorite cocktails with a muddler,...
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED (EXCEPT FOR THE BOOZE): 10-Piece ALL-INCLUSIVE bartender set of serious quality cocktail tools....
- COOLEST WAY TO STORE AND DISPLAY YOUR BAR TOOLS: Eco-friendly Bamboo stand (Patent Pending), carefully designed to keep...
Last update on 2019-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API