Fortunately, renovations can brings a home up to modern standards. Here are four renovations your home might need.
Insulation has improved tremendously over the years, and modern homes are better able to maintain a comfortable temperature while using as little energy as possible. Check out your home’s insulation, and consider an upgrade if it’s not performing as well as possible. Check out your doors and windows as well; modern technology means that today’s doors and windows are far more efficient than those made in the past.
Pests have always been a problem for homes, but many people fail to realize just how easily pests can damage and destroy a home. Homes built in the past are generally more vulnerable to termite infestations. Professionals, like those at Green Pest Services, offer pest control service in Alexandria for things like termite infestations. Remember, treating or replacing the wood near your home’s foundation can help fight termite incursions. Furthermore, homes that weren’t built to the tight specifications of modern buildings often have small cracks that cause lead to infestations, so consider having your home inspected to patch up any vulnerabilities.
|find pest control services servicing your area|
Whether you’re in Tornado Alley or are in an area vulnerable to hurricanes or earthquakes, you’ll want to know that your home can withstand all that Mother Nature can throw at it. While some structural issues can’t be handled with simple renovations, reinforcing potentially vulnerable areas can go a long way to keeping your home upright is the worst strikes. Have experts take a close look at your attic, as a few simple reinforcements can help keep your roof in place if it’s struck by strong winds. If you’re considering replacing your roof, try to get one that meets modern safety standards.
Standards regarding home electrical infrastructure have changed significantly over the years, and some standard practices in the past are now considered too risky. Considering how much electricity homes typically use, it’s worth checking out whether an upgrade can make your home safer and more efficient. Older homes might have electrical systems that rely on aluminum wiring instead of standard copper wires, and removing this aluminum can lead to better efficiency and safety.
Older homes are often great homes, but most have some problems that can be addressed through renovations. Make sure to have your home inspected on occasion to make sure it’s as safe as its younger counterparts.
- Ultimate comfort: easily choose between 3 speed settings, and 3 wind modes: normal, natural, and sleep for temperature...
- Remote operated: our digital fan has a remote control which enables you to control all the fan's power, speed and wind...
- ULTRA-QUIET PERFORMANCE - 35dB(A) whisper-quiet operation offers ultimate silence at each speed; ideal for home or...
- POWERFUL OSCILLATING AIRFLOW - Delivers exceptionally strong airflow (up to 2436 Cu. Ft./min); oscillates for broad...
- BEAT THE HEAT - Powered by 3 speed settings H/M/L, fan is perfectly sized to aim over a high bed and powerful enough to...
- VERY QUIET - Fan creates a powerful breeze, but even on H, you can still hear the TV. Easy to assemble and operate....
Last update on 2019-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API