There are some regulations in place for the installation of the oil tanks which support oil fired boilers, with an initial obstacle being the need for the system to be installed by a tradesman who is part of the government’s ‘Competent Person’ scheme.
If you don’t use someone registered with a ‘Competent Person’ scheme, you’ll have to get a Building Control Notice from your local council and arrange and pay for an inspection yourself. Even after installation has been correctly carried out, oil tanks need to be constantly monitored to negate the possibility of potential leaks.
On top of the complex regulations, and often very high installation and maintenance costs that come with oil tanks, the aesthetic of most tanks is also not one that is usually too pleasing on the eye. This is something which could seriously impact on your own enjoyment of your home, not to mention having the potential to upset neighbours.
Oil tanks are also notorious for being the target of thieves, with it not taking much common sense for a person so inclined to realise that the contents of an oil tank are of considerable value and can be easily sold on once stolen.
Type of Installations
So much of the risk and hard work that’s needed to install an oil tank could be eliminated if you were you to go with an LPG tank installation by the leading LPG supplier in the UK, Calor. LPG above ground tanks are installed free of charge and are much more pleasing on the eye than most oil tanks. LPG boilers are also proven to be cheaper than their oil powered counterparts.
Having your LPG tank installed by Calor – the leading lpg suppliers in the uk will ensure that you have the peace of mind of knowing that your tank is going to comply with any building regulations, and on top of being less hassle to install, much easier on the eye, and posing almost no risk of theft, LPG is also a more efficient, environmentally friendly fuel source than oil.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning;...
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- 【Easy Control Heater】Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "II"...
- 【Energy Efficient Heater】With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to...
- WIDESPREAD OSCILLATION FUNCTION: This ceramic heater can rotate from side to side within 83 degrees, so it can fast and...
- SAFE TO USE - The PTC electric heater made of cool touch ABS UL94 V0 flame resistant material. US standard socket can...
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API