To increase solar efficiency, the angle at which the solar panels are placed for maximum solar energy incidence must be considered. Trackers are used to increase the effectiveness of the solar panels for the maximum absorbable solar energy.
The solar trackers orient the solar panels as the sun moves in relation to the rotation of the earth from East to West. The search for the best trackers include the following:
Single Axis Trackers
- Has one degree of rotation acting as a rotational axis aligned to the true North Meridian.
- The cardinal location can be changed using advanced set of tracking algorithms.
- You can find vertical, tilted, horizontal or polar aligned single axis trackers.
Dual Axis Trackers
- They have two degrees of freedom acting as their rotational axes.
- The one fixed to the ground is mostly considered the primary axis and the one that is referenced to the primary termed the secondary axis.
- These are the most common solar tracking devices in small residential installations.
- The Land-Use enabler is a tracker suitable for lands with steep slopes and irregular landscapes.
- This type of tracker can install up to 17 degrees North to South as well as an unlimited East to West slope effectiveness.
- Use this tracker for contours and corners of your property.
- Get high potential energy for irregular land in deep frozen grounds and reclaimed landfills.
Self-Powered Operation trackers
- This is a self-powered tracker to reduce operation and installation costs.
- Your power grid bills will go down as well as installation and wiring.
- The configuration and high photovoltaic systems enable powering of the tracker for high potential of energy yields.
The Yield Enabler
- This solar tracking system is configured to provide a high yield per acre.
- The central connecting rod’s special corridors have been eliminated and replaced with independent rows.
- The power yield can be increased by having a power fill for an independent tracker.
Solar tracking systems vary in their orientations and are highly effective because of the innovative manufacturing designs. Trackers are available in different countries across four continents and are the preferable power plants due to their photovoltaic effectiveness.
Solar trackers should be mounted to double the PV area in relation to the length of the trackers. This means that the megawatts per foundation piles are high. Non obstruction and wide aisles between the tracker rows make maintenance easy. You may also have multi-mirror concentrating trackers, concentrating and non-concentrating PV solar trackers.
Samuel Mogans is a solar tracking engineer specializing in single and dual axis solar trackers used across Europe and in some Mediterranean countries. His contributions are notable in Soltec Industries as well as other solar tracking firms. Learn more about tracker by checking out his blog.
How do solar panels work? – Richard Komp:
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- High capacity generator power station: 167Wh (46,400mah/3.6V), much bigger capacity than similar power station; Equipped...
- Quick and simple setup
- 120 Watts of power 6.7 ampere DC per hour
- 【25000mAh Ultra High Capacity Solar Charger】The solar panel charger built-in 25000mAh Li-polymer battery, it's...
- 【Two Charging Methods】The Solar charger powerd by 5V/2A adapter or solar. The blue indicator light is on when...
Last update on 2019-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API