But there are some things that you can do about it without tearing down the adjacent building or cutting down the trees. Here are a few ways to bring in more natural light or at least make the room appear lighter and airier.
Lighter Shades of Paint
If you have a small room or one that doesn’t receive much sunlight, consider repainting. Lighter shades of paint will make the room appear brighter. If you like Scandinavian design, a simple white will work. Otherwise, if you prefer for your walls to have some color, you can use pastels. Almost any general color will work as long as it is a lighter shade. Also, remember that paint usually dries darker than what it looks like when you first paint it on. It also looks darker on the walls than the color swatch.
Window Treatments with Light Fabric and Color
Curtains made with a lightweight fabric will allow more light to stream through the curtains even when they’re shut. Lightweight fabric also tends to appear less heavy, making the room feel brighter, regardless of the amount of light. You should also choose a light color. For window curtains, white is a great color. Otherwise, a yellow sheer will make the room look bright and chipper.
For communal rooms, such as foyers and living rooms, glass doors can help you maximize the amount of light that enters the room. In a foyer, doors with beveled-edge glass are popular. And if you have interior doors between rooms, you can invite the sunlight from another, brighter room into the gloomy one. For instance, if your kitchen is on a side of the house that receives natural light through the windows, but your living room doesn’t receive much light, you can maximize the light that the living room receives by installing a glass door instead of a wooden one. Reach out to a company like Valley Glass Utility to have glass doors installed in your home.
Another way to maximize the amount of light that your room receives is by adding mirrors. The light ricochets off mirrors to multiply the amount of light that the space receives. If you can, hang or position a mirror directly in front of the window, so as to cause the mirror to reflect even more light. You’ll be surprised by how much natural light you can add to your room by using mirrors.
Making a room look brighter and more inviting can boost your mood. Take special care to add lots of light colors and other materials that will make the room look like an appealing place to enjoy for hours at a time.
May We Suggest Some Key Topics on
"Home Natural Light"?
|Environmental Emotions – The Physical and Psychological Benefits of Natural Light|
|Bring in Natural Light With Skylights|
|Six Tips To Bring In More Natural Light Into Your Home|
How About Some Management Ideas to Address
"Room Light & Expansion"?
|more photo remodeling|
Let’s Jump Over to Photo Remodeling Center for Ideas on
GALLERY:2nd collection "kitchen design" When remodeling your kitchen, you need to decide how best to layout...
The Mud Room is a great barrier between the outside mud and clean inside. View this mud room gallery to get ideas on how you can design that barrier room.
Do You Find This Sunday Morning Tip Helpful?
|sunday morning feed|
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- DECORATIVE: Hub's rubber rim, in black, not only adds to the sharpness of this mirror but also doubles as a bumper,...
- DESIGNED BY PAUL ROWN FOR UMBRA: Paul designed this large, circular mirror for his own apartment, "the idea of using...
- DRAMATIC ACCENT MIRROR: Hints of traditional elegance and modern style run rampant in this mirror. With the look of a...
- METAL FRAME: Made with mirrored glass and a dark bronze-tone metal frame. Clean with a soft, dry cloth for best care
- The 3 inch wide frame has a sleek and clean white finish
- Overall Measurements: 21.5 Inches x 27.5 Inches
- REAL LARGE SIZE: A set of 12 PCS. Each side measures 9 cm / 3.5'', diameter 17.7 cm / 7.0''. Different from other small...
- UPGRADED & THICK: This Hexagon mirror is upgraded, thickness of 0.1cm, the other products on the market are 0.01-0.02...
- CLASSIC DESIGN: A longstanding bestseller, this simple yet sophisticated beveled rectangle wall mirror is a highly...
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: Constructed of authentic silver backed glass, this highly durable mirror eliminates the reflection...
Last update on 2019-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API