The two complement each other and practically work on the same premise: not too much and not too little. Adding things to your home might feel like a fun task to do on a whim,but you must consider how it’ll affect your home’s overall look. The trick to figuring out what needs to be addressed is in checking out what needs to be replaced first and then considering what you want to add next.
Just as it is with interior design, the outside matters just as much as the inside. Here are some areas of your home that you can give a second glance when it’s time to tidy up your home a bit with renovations.
You may just a small porch or maybe a wrap-around porch. The question is how to decorate the space to make it look inviting.
Installing house extensions (if you can)
A great way to reshape your home is by adding extensions. Living in the suburbs could give your this liberty compared to owning property close to the city where house renovations are strict and require a load of paperwork. If you have the opportunity of adding an extension to the side or the front of your house, it can be a great way to reshape your home’s image.
An extension in the front of the house could be in the form of a front porch. Having it can give you more legroom outside the home and allows you to have a waiting area for guests.
An addition to the side of the house could be a shed or a fully-fledged garage to store your old equipment or to have a viable parking space. Extensions behind your home could be relegated to turning it into a kitchen extension or even an indoor garden if you’re someone who fancies growing plants.
Dealing with accents
Accents are great ways to make your home pop-out. The primary way you can do this is by figuring out your light fixtures. A popular option for adding accents to a home is in refurbishing the roofing material by adding lanterns and lamps strategically placed at the corners and white spaces of a house’s exterior.
Be careful with balancing how many light fixtures you can add to your home as you don’t want it to look like a hotel or a pub. Drawing just enough attention to it is a great way to add an aesthetic feel to your home’s shape while giving your home a sense of security as well. LED lights that have sensors installed can act both as a security measure and a creative installation choice.
Find Home Remodeling Services Additions Major Remodels Minor Remodels Disability Needs top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Borders are essential additions to any property. Defining which space is yours and which isn’t is not just for the sake of aesthetic purposes but also security. If you’re living close to the city, you might want to increase your property’s safety by having iron gates installed for your house. Not only are they apt for townhouse designs, but they also won’t feel out of place in the urban residential setting.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- Material: 100% hardwood: Hardwood is known for its natural beauty, structure, and durability.
- Paint: Our specially formulated polyurethane paint provides an extra layer of ultra-effective protection from outdoor...
- Solid Wood Ensures Strong Construction: Made of natural acacia wood, the rocker set is sturdy for long time outdoor...
- Comfortable & Ergonomic Sitting: Designed with rocking function, the chair creates much fun to sit on. Combined with two...
- Folding rocking chair for porch, patio, or travel
- Easily collapses down for storage or moving
- 【Selected Acacia Wood】Made of premium acacia wood, this outdoor rocking chair is weather-resistant and durable for a...
- 【Safe Rocking Structure】Featuring four-supporting points with cross bars, this outdoor rocking chair evenly...
- 100% Solid Wood Frame: Crafted with premium acacia wood, the frame of rocking chair is sturdy and not easy to deform....
- Excellent Comfort of Seat: There are two highly elastic and soft cushions to provide excellent comfort for you. And the...
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API