It all depends on the types of materials that you use and the specific changes that you want to make. If you’re considering a natural-themed home design, here are just five suggestions for your next remodel.
1. Natural Light
Too many artificial lights can give your home a sickly, florescent kind of look. A better alternative is to encourage more natural light in your living spaces. For example, you can install clerestory windows above the eye level to create an open, airy atmosphere without compromising your privacy, or you can install skylights to track the progression of the sun throughout the day.
2. Accent Walls
Accent walls are excellent for giving a sense of variety to the room without smothering it in color, especially if they’re made of natural materials like stacked or textured stone. They can offer a course beauty to your interior design. However, there are also smooth and sleek accent walls if you’d prefer a more modern look. Something like pure white quartzite will look elegant in any room, and other forms of quartz, marble, or granite come in varying colors and patterns but can still be made into a smooth surfaced wall if rough isn’t your style.
3. Wooden Furniture
You don’t have to live in a country farmhouse to appreciate high-quality wooden furniture. Whether it’s a hand-carved mahogany table or a wicker rocking chair piled with cushions, you can use wood pieces in all areas of the home. Do a little research on the different types of timber to figure out which colors, grades and grains will suit your existing decor. Also ensure that you are aware of what kind of stain or finish has been used on the wood and how to clean it without damaging the surfacing.
4. Stone Floors
Your floors can set the tone for your entire room, so natural stone flooring is a great way to establish your aesthetic from the ground up. Choose from all kinds of marble, slate, granite, limestone and sandstone. Just make sure that you consider things like absorption and oxidation rates: Certain kinds of natural stone are more resistant to damage than others, and you’ll want to choose the right type for your home. These can come in varying shapes, patterns, and finishes from glossy and smooth to rugged and texturized, depending on the room and your needs.
Natural stone is also an excellent material for your countertops and backsplashes. You are probably aware that granite countertops are all the rage these days, but they’re far from your only option. You might prefer the shimmer of onyx or the wood-like appearance of travertine. Marble and quartz are great if you’re edging for a lighter tone, and all are naturally resistant to bacteria and easy to clean due to their nonporous nature. You might even want to splurge on something extraordinary like lava stone, which has natural air cleansing properties.
When remodeling your home with a specific theme in mind, you’ll need to be careful in regards to selecting your materials. Only certain kinds will give you the look that you want. As long as you do your homework, however, you can easily be able to create the interior design that you’ve always wanted.
May We Suggest Some Key Topics on
|Environmental Emotions – The Physical and Psychological Benefits of Natural Light|
|5 Reasons Why an All-Season Room Is the Best Fall Home Addition|
|Some Good Reasons to Use Limestone Tiles|
How About Some Shopping Ideas to Address
|more photo remodeling|
Let’s Jump Over to Photo Remodeling Center for Ideas on
"All Things Decor"
The Mud Room is a great barrier between the outside mud and clean inside. View this mud room gallery to get ideas on how you can design that barrier room.
Everyone is talking about green. But what does that mean to the average household. Well, energy efficient lighting and appliances, alternative energy, composting and more.
Do You Find This Sunday Morning Tip Helpful?
|sunday morning feed|
- LARGE CAPACITY, ENJOY OVERNIGHT OF COOLING ATMOSPHERE: Get the most sleep at night, without disturbance from mist noise...
- 360° NOZZLE SPRAY + ADJUSTABLE MIST OUTPUT COOL HUMIDIFIER: Our nozzle sprayer provides all- around humidification that...
- ULTRASONIC COOL MIST TECHNOLOGY: Safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can...
- 1.5-LITER WATER TANK: Provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, and other medium-sized rooms
- EFFICIENT HUMIDIFIERS FOR BEDROOM: With 2.2L large tank, the cool mist humidifier allows up to 24 hours of working in...
- WHISPER-QUIET BEDROOM HUMIDIFIER: Homasy Ultrasonic humidifier lowers the noise level to 28dB (quieter than a computer)...
- 【PORTABLE MINI HUMIDIFIER】Portable and small design is very easy take with you anywhere and super perfect for...
- 【TWO MIST MODES】This mini humidifier has two modes. When you press the button first time, it will continuously spray...
- Quiet Operation for Bedroom Use: Ultrasonic humidifiers are incredibly silent, reduces noise to 26dB (Patent No:...
- 6L Tank Capacity & Mist Adjustable: Over 1.6 gallon of water lasts for 20-60 hour working time on a full tank; designed...
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API