A few final steps may be required prior to finalizing the project and getting settled in the beautiful space that you have created. These are the steps that may apply to most home renovation projects.
Some construction crews will clean the work area before they leave, but many will not do a thorough job or will not clean the area at all. After the crew leaves, you may find a considerable amount of construction debris throughout the area.
Hiring a demolition crew for construction cleanup may be an essential step unless you intend to do the work yourself.
A demolition crew may review the bulk of the waste, but there may be still sawdust, drywall dust and general filth on the floors, walls, counters and even light fixtures.
Hiring a house cleaning crew to thoroughly clean the space and to make it livable is a smart idea. Request service ahead of time because many cleaning crews have limited availability.
An Electric System Upgrade
Some general contractors will include an analysis of the current electric system in their services, but others will not. When you add new electrical features, there is a chance that the existing system will not be able to handle the extra demand. Upgrading the system is an essential step to take to ensure that your home remains functional from this standpoint.
Your HVAC system may get dirty because of the dust and debris floating in the air during this project. In addition, it may need to be configured or upgraded to properly function in your redesigned space. A consultation with an HVAC professional may be necessary, and you also may need to schedule maintenance service so that the components can properly be cleaned.
New Décor and Furnishings
|Find Home Cleaning Services|
|top-rated, pre-screened local contractors|
|FREE: download contractor selection|
|enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™|
After you have renovated your home, you understandably want it to look amazing. Placing some of your older furnishings and décor in the space may be reasonable, but you also may need to upgrade your décor slightly. Plan to spend time shopping around for the right pieces.
As exciting as it may be to see the construction crew pack up and leave after the renovation work has been completed, your home may not be ready to enjoy until a few extra steps have been taken. Walk through these additional steps to finalize the project.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- Classic design with a natural matte finish
- Constructed from lightweight, fade-resistant, super tough plastic
- Pair of 6" Wall mount flower box brackets
- 6"D at base x 8"H x 1"W, wrought iron with Black powder-coated finish
- Simply stunning on-trend classic design - perfect for succulents, herbs, ivy, or any small flowering plant varieties
- Stone dust is blended with resin and silicon for a more durable and high quality look and feel
- Ready-to-assemble kit requires minor assembly, parts glue together easily to create a beautiful finished product (about...
- Panels can be cut to the exact length needed to create a custom fit for your windows.
- Durable and strong
- Includes removeable saucer tray to capture excess water & eliminating mess
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API