Here are 6 tips on how to use wallpaper in small kitchens.
1. Paper the areas above cabinets
Many kitchens have cabinets that are suspended on walls and leave a slight space between the top of the cabinet and the ceiling. Make sure to cover this space with wallpaper. This helps add the illusion of depth to the kitchen, and thus makes it look bigger.
2. Use bright colors
Bright colors can seem loud when used in a large area. In a small kitchen though, they can look wonderful. Bright colors will help give the kitchen a warm, inviting feel. You can utilize a range of colors, from bright yellow to neon and even red. You would want to ensure that the countertops and cabinets are less bright though, to avoid overwhelming the eyes.
3. Contrast with cabinetry
Among the main furniture in the kitchen would be cabinetry, tables, stools, and chairs. You would want to create a contrast, should your cabinetry be plain and conventional, by using wallpaper that is eye catching. Beautiful, bright wallpapers can make your kitchens appear warmer and livelier, and also, downplay the plainness of conventional furnishings, sinks, and countertops.
4. Coordinate with accessories
You could coordinate the wallpaper with kitchen accessories, curtains and cushions. Many homeowners like to use cushions and curtains with patterns or colors similar to the wallpaper.
You don’t have to use the same colors for all surfaces if it could lead to saturation. Instead, you could follow an overall theme. For example, if your wallpaper carries polka dots on grey background, you could find cushion covers with similar polka dots, maybe on a white background.
5. Use unusual wallpapers
There are wallpapers that many homeowners would dismiss as too frivolous, but they can make your kitchen seem like a fun place. Think of animal patterns, bright flowery prints, and other patterns that you would not dream of using in your bedroom or living room.
Kitchen Wallpaper Ideas
A small kitchen though, needs to work extra hard to generate enthusiasm and energy, which is why using these wallpapers would be a good idea when decorating a small kitchen.
6. Contrast with the rest of the house
Island kitchens in particular can be hard to decorate, because it is difficult to demarcate borders. You can choose to decorate your island kitchens with wallpapers to make them stand out. Choose a wallpaper that is slightly brighter, or offers a contrast, against the rest of the house.
These ideas should help you get started on your kitchen remodeling project. You can invite your friends to join in as well, and offer tips on which wallpapers to choose, by sharing this article with them.
- hito non ticking wall clock uses superior sweeping movement to guarantee true silence with the smooth second hand, time...
- hito white wall clock in silver comes with large black numbers and hands. And yes, glass front cover. All this makes...
- Clocks features a coffee pot, cups, saucers, and creamer and sugar containers, while another cup of coffee is the...
- Hook on the back for easy hanging.
- Elegant bronze with age treatment clock, 13 inch diameter round plastic frame, Simple white dial with black metal hands
- COMPLETELY SILENT non-ticking second hand - NO humming sound, Black Arabic numeral analog display, easy to read
Last update on 2019-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API