A cosmetic facelift of the home is so much easier than many people think. You can give your home a fresh new look by simply changing some of the decor and adding features such as a laminate floor with unique accessories.
Most people have taken a good look around their home and wished that it looked completely different. We are all able to redecorate our homes, but many people are put off by the thought that it is an expensive and time-consuming process. The good news is that this really doesn’t have to be the case.
Okay, someone with a lot of money can just throw the cash about and let an interior designer come in to revamp the whole place. Not everyone can do this! However, a house can look completely different with just a few simple changes. For example, why not consider one of the following:
- If the whole room is not in desperate need of redecoration, just give it a new look by creating a feature wall. Wallpaper with bold prints or a brighter paint colour will make the room look completely different and it can be achieved in a matter of hours.
- Look at the room’s accessories – items such as light shades, cushions and rugs. Can these be changed easily? Matching ranges are available at very reasonable prices these days and this is another change that can be done in next to no time at all. A room with a neutral colour scheme will be lifted with brighter accessories and it can also add that touch of warmth that is essential on colder days.
- Create a focal point in the room with a unique piece of furniture, art work or accessory. A large and unusual print will instantly draw the eye for visitors (helping to detract from those areas which might still need a little work!) and will become a talking point. Alternatively pick out a couch in a contrasting colour to the rest of the colour scheme or a large vase or ornament that can be strategically placed to attract attention.
- Flooring is a major issue in some homes. Carpets are great for warmth but they can become dirty quickly and soon lose their ‘new’ feel. Laminate flooring is one of the most popular choices these days for a number of reasons. It is easy to clean, lasts for many years when properly cared for and creates clean lines within the room.
- Windows are an often-forgotten area of the home. Curtains are often the main choice for most homes but this is not the most imaginative choice. Blinds are also a popular option, but why not be a little different? Internal shutters can help to create a feature of the window area and these days they are not expensive to purchase or install.
Even one of these changes will have the desired effect. Concern about cost need not be an issue any more. A laminate flooring sale, for example, will give plenty of opportunities to pick up exactly what is needed without breaking the bank. This type of flooring is quickly becoming one of the most affordable options around and it can be used in any room at all.
In most homes people are looking to achieve warmth. With items such as window shutters this is easier than most people think. It is not well-known but they do have insulating properties. Cushions, curtains and throws in warm shades will help to lose some of the chill on a room too. Even finding high quality cheap laminate flooring online can add to a room’s warmth. It is designed to look like real wood and the warm tones of the material are sure to lift any room.
The fact is that no-one has to spend a great deal of time and money to get the effect that they want. Rather than being put off from making changes – set a small challenge. Look around and see what changes can be made in just a few hours and think about the difference that they will make at the end of the day. In no time at all, any home can have a new image.