His and her sinks add style to most any bathroom.
If you’re planning any type of bathroom renovation, then a change to a two-sink system might be in order. Let’s consider what it takes to put in a two vanity bathroom sink.
1. One vanity, two sinks
— The footprint of a two-sink vanity doesn’t have to be huge. This is important in smaller bathrooms where room is limited. Choose a ceramic top for your vanity, a one-piece arrangement that eliminates seams and cut outs. Consider using a pair of glass or stone bowls for the sinks, each of which can sit on top of the vanity. Pair these with faucets that fit and match the vessels. Use one mirror that spans the length of the countertops. Shelving and towel racks can be placed on the far side; clean linens can be stored underneath.
2. Two vanities, two sinks
— If the layout of your bathroom allows for it and your preference is for separate vanities, than install matching vanities side by side. If you like granite counter tops, then choose two matching pairs or one counter that sits on top of two vanities. Like the first choice, each sink will have its own faucet with single plumbing connecting the two. Drainage is handled the same way with water exiting separately into one common drainage pipe. Choose matching mirrors or to give a connected look, opt for one mirror with towel racks on the far side of the sinks. Again, you’ll have storage for linen underneath.
3. Pedestal or wall sinks
— Another choice for homeowners is to install a pair of pedestal sinks or wall sinks, ideal options when storage space below is not needed. Such sinks can give homeowners the requisite separate husband and wife areas for personal grooming. Shelving above the sink and placed below a common mirror can house each person’s personal effects. Install towel racks to the left and to the right of the dual-sink unit.
You’ll want to have his and her electrical outlets installed too. This is important when both of you are getting ready for work at the same time. She’ll be blow drying her hair, he’ll be using an electric razor.
Consider four types of lighting for your bathroom advises HGTV: accent lighting to give depth and dimension to your bathroom or what gives it an appearance of being larger than what it is. Choose task lighting for shaving and applying makeup, and decorative lighting to give your bathroom some pop. Finally, ambient lighting conveys a mood, and can make any bathroom look newer than it is.
- Get Inspiration From Hotel Bathrooms When Renovating (letsrenovate.com)
- Updated Push & Seal Pop-up drain assembly and cUPC approved faucet supply hoses included.
- 360° swivel High arc spout offers more clearance and better access to the sink.
- ❤UPGRATE: METAL PUSH & SEAL POP UP DRAIN INCLUDED, WATER HOSE NOT INCLUDED —— The whole drain is made of copper to...
- ❤CREATIVE QUICK CONNECT TECHNOLOGY——Original creative fast connect construction is easy to install by yourself...
- Lifetime limited warranty: You can install with confidence, knowing Delta’s shower arms are backed by Delta Faucet’s...
- Installation: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 4-Inch configurations. For 3-hole installation, purchase deck plate...
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API