Ever heard the phrase “man cheating nature”? When words like this are used, we often think about things like global warming, hunting endangered animals, and several other things. However, we overlook subjects that are considered trivial. One of such is erecting larger structures than we need. Many people only have such massive buildings because they want to make an impression on everyone.
The stats keep proving that the situation is getting worse by the day. For more information about this, you can visit: https://www.census.gov/const/C25Ann/sftotalmedavgsqft.pdf
Advantages of Living in a Small House
In this post, we hope to make you see reasons why living in a small house is a lot better.Living in a small house has nothing to do with living a small life. As a matter of fact, many people are beginning to embrace the trend of living in these structures because of the several benefits attached.
Some of these advantages are listed and explained below:
Lower Energy Consumption:
Many people that live in large houses have a hard time paying electricity bills. This is because of the several devices that run on power. The situation is worse if you have a pool and need to pump and heat the water.
- However, things are a lot better for residents of smaller homes in this regard. This is because the little space ensures that they only make use of essential machines.
- Furthermore, many of these residents do not have to even bother about paying electricity bills. This is because of the availability of solar electricity that can efficiently power small homes. So, you may want to consider living in a small home if you have difficulty paying electricity bills.
- MORE INFO: Tiny Houses: Energy Efficiency Spotlight
Few HVAC Concerns:
Still on the subject of dealing with expensive electricity bills, you should understand that one of the major reasons for this is the HVAC system. The cost of running the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system is very expensive in many houses. This is despite the invention of HVAC appliances that consume less energy than the older ones.
- On the other hand, you have fewer worries when you live in a small house. This is because of the small space that needs to be heated, ventilated, or cooled.
- For instance, many small houses can run effectively on fireplaces during the peak of winter. The heat generated from the fireplace can warm up the interior space. Other owners use cheap heaters to get the work done. The point is running a small house is a lot cheaper.
- REFERENCE: guide to home heating and cooling
With this option, you will do less damage to the atmosphere. In order words, living in this kind of structure is eco-friendly. Therefore, people who are concerned about the state of the planet should seriously think in this direction. For more information on how eco-friendly this option is, you can read this article below:
- ARTICLE: Tiny Homes Are Very Eco-Friendly, New Research Confirms
Clean-Up and Maintenance Is Easy:
Many owners of large structures have to get professional help for cleaning their space. More often than not, this is not because they are opposed to doing the cleanup themselves. However, the size of the building makes it necessary that they get professional help.
- By so doing, they are faced with the cost of paying for the professional cleaning service. Furthermore, the involvement of the cleaning service affects their privacy. On the contrary, the situation is a lot easier with smaller structures. This is because the job can easily be done alone.
- GUIDE: How to Clean Your House Quickly and Efficiently
Bonding Is Easier:
In big structures, there is so much space that allows inhabitants to live separate and isolated lives. As a result, healthy interaction is threatened unless the dwellers are deliberate about spending time with each other.
- Conversely, a tiny home means that inhabitants will come across each other frequently. This helps improve bonding as they get to play and communicate very often.
- MORE INFO: 12 Reasons Why You’ll Be Happier in a Smaller Home
Mortgage Problems Avoided:
For many people, living in a big house means living with big problems. This is especially considering how many people have huge debts to pay in mortgages. We have seen instances where these people are unable to pay up and have their homes foreclosed.
- However, getting a small house is a lot cheaper in many places. For instance, you can have a good company design 1000 sq ft house plans for you to choose from.
- MORE INFO: Downsizing Your Home: 3 Money Benefits
Respects Your Peculiarities:
Living in a custom build house is possible with a big structure. However, it is a lot easier to achieve with a smaller house. First, this is down to the cost. Having a custom-made large house is a capital intensive and financially draining project for many. Usually, owners of big structures see available properties in the real estate market and strike a deal with the relevant parties.
- Well, it works differently with small structures. First, you have to get a company to design the structure for you. At this stage, you can make your expectation for the house known.
- The design and construction company is also expected to give you a wide range of options and professional advice that will benefit you. In all, you are going to end up with a building that suits your taste. This is although it has limited space.
- VIEW: architectural plans for small homes
It Is More Convenient:
Imagine that you are looking for a document and certain it is inside the house? With a large house, you have so many places to check and cross-check. However, the limited space in a small building means that you are likely going to locate the document easily.
- These are just a few instances that prove living in a small house is a lot better than large edifices. So, considering all the reasons shared in this article, moving into an unpretentious house is something you should seriously consider.
- If you are interested in knowing other advantages of small houses, you can visit: https://travelwellmagazine.com/2016/09/12-tiny-house-pros-and-cons/
On A Final Note
Living in a small house comes with lots of benefits. We have addressed many of them in this article and strongly recommend that you look into this option. You should also realize that living in a modest house is relative as there are various sizes available. So, you should go for something you can deal with.
- What comments can you share about
your downsize to a smaller home
|Supporting Resources (opens new win)|
|ABOUT: benefits/challenges smaller home|
|INFO: tiny house ideas|
|PINTEREST: small home designs|
|YOUTUBE: should I downsize|
|YOUTUBE: living in a tiny house stinks|
|Shopping Small House (opens new win)|
|AMAZON: small home organization|
|AMAZON: stackable washer/dryer|
|AMAZON: small house decor|
Find Home Construction Services Additions Home Construction Major Remodels Site Preparation top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: by Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
or simply search by entering home safety item or other remodeling need
Cover image credit: phlox perennial flowers pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.