“photo remodeling” image analysis
copyright image by .envato.com
Signs by having hard water in your home?
Stains on porcelain:
if you notice staining on the porcelain in your shower, sink, or toilet, you probably have hard water. These stains can be almost impossible to get rid permanently.
- Getting rid of them even temporarily can require heavy-duty chemicals and a lot of elbow grease. Even if you do manage to get them off of your porcelain, you will often find that these stains just keep coming back.
- INFO: What is hard water?
INFO: How To: Remove Hard Water Stains
- IMAGES: signs of hardwater stains
IMAGES: hard water stains on glass
- FIND: Hard Water test kit
Slow water flow:
you’ll probably have some plumbing issues if you have hard water. Because the minerals in the water can build up in the pipes, there will often be a slow water flow to your dishwasher and washing machine.
- Your clothes might not get as clean as they could, and you may notice that soap doesn’t lather as well. You may also water hard water stains on the dishes that come out of the dishwasher.
- There are home remedies to try to fix these—like putting Tang in your dishwasher or using liquid detergents in your laundry—but the hard water can still cause issues in these and other areas.
- INFO: Water Woes: Can Hard Water Damage Pipes?
INFO: How can living in a hard water area affect your laundry
- YOUTUBE: How Does Hard Water Effect My Home’s Plumbing System?
YOUTUBE: Hard Water and Your Clothes
More energy usage:
hard water means that your hot water heater will take longer to heat up. It also means that your water heater will also use more energy trying to heat the water.
- This can really add up over time, and you will have higher electric bills just because of your hard water.
- When it comes time to take a shower, you will also have to wait longer for the water to heat up before you get in. This can cause you to waste a lot of water as you can’t just hop in the shower as quickly as you’d like to, which will also raise your water bill.
- INFO: Is Hard Water Killing Your Water Heater?
INFO: Hard vs. Soft Water: Which Is Better for Saving Energy?
- YOUTUBE: The Impact of Hard Water on Your Wallet
if you’ve noticed a scaly buildup around your shower head or faucet, it’s probably caused by hard water.
- This can lessen the amount of water that’s able to flow out, and you may have to clean them often in order to have decent water pressure. If your hard water problem is particularly bad, then you will get a lot of buildup every time you use your water.
- To prevent the minerals in the hard water from turning into scaly buildup that can damage your plumbing and your belongings and drive up your utility bills, you’ll want to talk to a plumbing professional about water softeners. They’ll be able to advise you about what kind of softeners might work best for your home.
- INFO: What Is a Water Softener and How Does It Work?
INFO: The Benefits, Pros and Cons of Water Softeners – Do You Need One?
- FIND: hard water softening system
FIND: water softener appliance
if you have hard water, you may be experiencing some of the negative impacts mentioned above. It not only is a nuisance, but it can cost you a lot of money in the long run.
- Fortunately, you don’t have to live with hard water. A licensed plumber can install a water softener for you. It will decrease excessive amounts of minerals in your water, and you won’t have to deal with all of the negative impacts that can end up being very costly over time.
- What comments what can you share about this topic on having hard water in your home
or simply search by entering cleaning item or other remodeling need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
“Improving Your Water Quality”
|What Is Hard Water and Why Is it a Problem (same win)|
|Is Hard Water That Bad? (same win)|
|How to Improve the Quality of Your Tap Water (same win)|
Find Plumbing Services Plumbing Issues Drain Clearing Septic/Sewers Water Heaters Pumps Water Softening top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: hard water in your home by envato.com
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.