Giving your kitchen a facelift not only will give your home an entirely new feel, but you will also be able to make some custom changes for a fraction of the cost of a brand new home.
If you are planning on purchasing an older home or live in an older home already, chances are that you will be anticipating several updates throughout the house. In the kitchen, this could mean all new appliances, new cabinets, and perhaps new marble counter tops that you have always dreamed about.
We would love for you to have all of the custom touches in your kitchen and we also want you to be able to save some money while doing it.
First we will start with the cabinets. Did you know that instead of replacing all of those old cabinets you can resurface them for a fraction of the price and still give your kitchen a brand new look?
All you need to do is sand all that old unattractive paint off the cabinets and replace it with a pleasant wood stain for a modern feel. A new paint color also works.
You can also replace the knobs on the cabinets to help with the modern facelift. Resurfacing your cabinets and replacing the outdated knobs will not only change the look of your kitchen but it will save you a significant amount of money compared to replacing your cabinets with an entirely new setup.
Now that your cabinets have been updated, let’s talk about those appliances. Everyone wants the latest and greatest fixtures for their kitchens but not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on brand new fixtures. Did you know that you can purchase slightly used fixtures and appliances for a fraction of the price of brand new ones?
There are many resale shops available for you to choose from in order to find the perfect appliances for your newly renovated kitchen. Most of them will deliver and install your appliances for free which will save you even more money.
Lastly, your kitchen counter tops will be the finishing touch you need to make your old kitchen feel new and fresh.
How do you replace your counters without breaking the bank? Just like the appliances, you can find recycled counter tops at a fraction of the price of brand new ones. There are some companies that will even sell you brand new sections of counters that are leftover from new housing projects or renovations.
There are many other ways that you can update and renovate your kitchen to give a brand new modern look. You can add a simple back splash behind the sink or oven, or even build shelves and light fixtures out of recycled materials.
Find Kitchen Remodeling Services Kitchen Remodeling and Design Cabinets & Countertops Flooring Lighting Design Painting & Staining top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
If you decide to purchase all new materials, think about creative ways to use the old materials to create something new and unique.
Like and share this blog on Facebook to let your friends know how your were able to get the kitchen of your dreams!
other valuable tips:
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- ✔️ COVER THAT GAP - America’s best-selling stove gap covers help you say goodbye to that hard to clean gunk and...
- ✔️ HEAT RESISTANT - Put your safety first and mind at ease with our top-rated, superior quality gap covers. With our...
- EASY INSTALLATION: T-shape makes the kitchen gap cover easier to installation and removal for cleaning. The new mold...
- SUITABLE MEASUREMENT FOR YOUR KITCHEN: Size 25" x 0.5" x 2.25".Cover the gap between counter and stove top, appliances...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: These stove and countertop gap covers are made from premium food-grade silicone, it is BPA free.
- FIT INTO ANY GAP: Each cover measures approximately 25"L by 2.25"W by 0 .39"H. It can be easily trimmed to fit shorter...
- ✅ NEW MODEL: Unlike other products in the market, the Capparis-designed anti-static non-tacky top surface is matte...
- ✅ Made of 100% food grade heat resistant silicone, the gap cover does not melt or warp
- Dustproof & Durable Mixer Cover: Keep your Kitchen Aid Tilt-Head stand mixer in pristine condition with this cloth...
- Fine Workmanship:Neat stitches will effectively extend the service life of this mixer cover. We recommend it to anyone...
Last update on 2020-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API