Here are some of the ways that you can protect your home and ensure that burglars will hate it.
Get a Dog
A dog can be a huge deterrent when it comes to making your home unwelcoming for a burglar. Posting a sign stating that you have a dog will also help to let everyone know about the presence of it. In some instances, the sign alone may prove to be a deterrent, because a burglar doesn’t know whether your dog is friendly or not. Training your dog to bark when someone comes to the door may also help to protect your home.
Keep It Locked Up
Locking all of your windows and doors will prevent someone from getting into your home uninvited. This also includes any upstairs windows that you have in your home. If you want to leave your windows open at night, install a secondary locking mechanism that will allow you to crack them, but will still prevent unwanted entry.
Install a Security System
A security system and the sign stating that you have one are good deterrents. Make sure that you arm your security system even when you’re home. This will alert you if someone tries to get into your home without your knowledge.
Amp Up Your Lighting
Good exterior lighting will make your home less attractive to a burglar. This is because they can’t sneak up without being seen by your neighbors and other people driving by your home. Motion lighting is another option so that you can be alerted if someone is trying to gain entry.
Build a Gate
A gate can work in a similar fashion as a locked door. There are a variety of gates that you can consider for your property. You could get simple locking gate for your yard or even a larger gate at the end of your driveway. A gate that can be opened remotely may also serve you well in protecting your home when you’re away. Any type of barrier that prevents entry can be a good way to ensure that those would-be burglar hate your home.
Taking these steps will help to protect your home from an intruder. Using all of them in conjunction will ensure that your home is protected as possible. Common sense can go a long way when it comes to making your home less of a target when it comes to burglars.
May We Suggest Other Key Topics on
|Can’t Afford a Complete Home Security System? Here Are 5 Good Alternatives to Protect Your Home|
|Know the Benefits of Using CCTV Systems and Spy Camera|
|4 Renovations Projects to Make Your Home More Secure|
How About Some Shopping Ideas to Address
"Home Security Needs"?
|more photo remodeling|
Let’s Jump Over to Photo Remodeling Center for Ideas on
"Securing Your Home"
Everyone is talking about green. But what does that mean to the average household. Well, energy efficient lighting and appliances, alternative energy, composting and more.
The Mud Room is a great barrier between the outside mud and clean inside. View this mud room gallery to get ideas on how you can design that barrier room.
Do You Find This Sunday Morning Tip Helpful?
|sunday morning feed|
- SUPER BRIGHT & ENERGY SAVING (NOT Solar Powered): Powered by Samsung LED lamp bead as the security light source, enables...
- UPGRADED MOTION SENSOR LIGHTS: Lepower security motion light can be triggered by the moving human, cars or animals up to...
- UNIQUE DESIGN: We designed the internal circuit diagram of the lamp beads by ourself. There are positive and negative...
- SUPER BRIGHT&LONG WORKING TIME: Compared with other common 4 or 12 led solar lights, we designed our solar lights with 8...
- 【3 Lighting Working Modes】The upgraded solar lights outdoor has 3 working modes with 150°Wide-Angle detection to...
- 【Wireless Waterproof IP65】 Solar lights with waterproof coefficient IP65，the professional IP65 waterproof, solar...
- UPGRADED TRIPLE OPERATIOIN MODES: ON TIME, AUTO and Dusk to Dawn combined together. ON TIME allows manual control of the...
- DLC & ETL Listed: 86.7% energy and costs saving by replacing your 150W halogen fixture with our 20W LED lamp, save $715...
- 【Ultra Bright 2 Pack LED Closet Lights】: Each light bar consists of 20 LED (350LM), and comes with 3 colors modes,...
- 【Upgraded Multi Modes Option】: MODE 1: Motion Sensor Mode (GREEN indicator light flash), Auto-on when human motion...
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API