A garage conversion is becoming increasingly popular, primarily because it can actually add value to your property. If you have an underused garage, or you’re thinking of ways to create more space in your living area, then below are five of the most inspiring ideas for using your garage to its full potential, and not one of them include putting a car in there!
1: Exercise without the effort
It can be a strain having to get to the gym all the time. Sometimes, just the idea of getting there is too much. Imagine how much easier your exercise regime will be when you have your own home gym in the garage! No memberships fees required, and you don’t have to share those sweat-stained weight benches either! A punching bag, an exercise bike, and some exercise mats are an excellent place to start, and then you can take your time adding equipment as needed.
2: Hollywood glamor in the garage
Once, this was the sole preserve of the mega-rich. Nowadays, a home cinema is well within the financial grasp of most people. Make sure that your room is going to be dark enough, and add some extra lighting options as needed. Pick up a projector, add some couches, and you’re good to go. Look at some of the best equipment on the market, and decorate in a cinema style. Add a popcorn machine, some soft rugs, and a mini-fridge packed with beer, and you’ll never stand in line at the cinema again.
3: Great for guests
Having a guest room is a great addition when you have friends and family come to visit. This is a bigger job than others on this list, so you will need to prepare. It will usually mean having a thorough clean out of all the rubbish the average garage gathers. You might need a professional builder to help with this conversion, but it can be a great addition that’s worth the extra cost.
4: Working from home
Like the guest bedroom, the home office is going to take some work. You’ll need to make sure that the room is well insulated and protected from damp, and it’s going to need to be secure. However, for those that work from home or have the option to work remotely, then a home office can be very beneficial. Great for productivity and motivation, a home office can change your working world.
5: Enjoying your family hobbies
If you decide to convert into a hobby room, then your hobbies will dictate what you need in here. In a large household, it can be challenging to ensure that everyone gets a say in the overall design of a hobby room. Garages can be quite large spaces, so nothing is stopping your family from dividing the garage up and giving each family member a section to do with as they please. Doing so can save arguments, and give everyone space where they can go and relax.
other valuable readings:
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION - This home gym system is made with heavy-duty steel tubing and reinforced with guard rods...
- WEIGHT STACK LOCK - This gear comes with a 150-pound selectorized weight stack that can be customized according to your...
- STEEL CONSTRUCTION - This home gym system is made of heavy-duty 14 gauge steel tube frame and vinyl coated for extra...
- DUAL FUNCTION PRESS ARM - This press arm has two settings: vertical butterfly and chest press. When set to vertical...
- ALL-STEEL CONTRUSTION - This home gym system is made with a heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with a durable powder...
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL PRESS ARMS - This versatile weight system home gym is designed with dual action press arms. The press...
- 25+ exercises that cover the entire body
- Over 200 lbs. of Power Rod resistance
- This all-in-one gym equipment features a variety of fitness exercises to tone and strengthens the core, thighs, arms,...
- Power-up your upper body muscles with the Smithstyle press bar and cable crossovers, and strengthen the lower body...
Last update on 2019-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API