When you consider all that the various doors throughout your home accomplish, however, you may be inclined to give them a little more thought. Especially if you have older doors, then, there are a few major benefits to considering some replacements.
Doors, especially exterior doors, withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures on a regular basis. Though they’re built tough, this can lead to degradation of the integrity of the door over time. This makes them more susceptible to failure when exposed to outside forces, such as fire or breakage. A new door will stand up to fire, being operable longer and potentially preventing the fire from spreading.
A new door is also more structurally sound. This means it is more difficult for a potential thief to kick in to steal your belongings.
Worst-case scenarios aren’t the most pleasant to consider, but new doors can help to put your mind at ease. More likely, though, you’ll appreciate it for standing up to standard wear and tear.
Unless you have a really poorly insulated home, it’s likely that your doors are the major culprits for energy loss. Older garage doors are especially inefficient, given the large openings they’re designed to fill.
Even though your garage is somewhat separate, an old garage door can allow cold or hot air to get inside your home. From the garage, the air can come in when the doors open or through cracks or loose seals.
Newer garage doors, and other types of entry doors, are much better-insulated. Plus, seals around the door will be more pliable. This prevents air from leaking in or out and gives you greater control over your home’s temperature.
Older doors were typically designed with their utility in mind, with aesthetics being of much less concern. By installing new doors you can choose from a wide variety of styles that will match the architectural design of your home. There are also many options that can satisfy your personal preferences. For exterior doors, this allows greatly increased curb appeal that can instantly improve the overall look of your home.
|Find Door Services|
|Garage Doors||Hardward, Locks|
|top-rated, pre-screened local contractors|
|FREE: download contractor selection|
|enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™|
It is also worth mentioning that newer doors are less likely to attract burglars. Partly because they are sturdy, but also because they simply appear sturdy.
New doors can also be fitted with smart locks easily. If you are concerned with security, be sure to factor that in to your door choices.
For all the sudden gains you’ll experience by installing new doors, one of the best is perhaps the most simple. New doors just work better. Installing a new door allows you to re-level and re-center the door frame, meaning that sticking, creaking, and popping doors can be a thing of the past. You might find yourself suddenly paying more attention to your doors simply because they look so good and operate so well. There are many reasons to replace your doors, so add it to this year’s to-do list.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- PRIVACY INTERIOR DOOR HANDLES FOR BEDROOM/BATHROOM: 10 Pack Wave Style Door Lever With Brushed Nickel Finish, Confirm...
- Adjustable Backset - 2-3/8 inch or 2-3/4 inch (60mm or 70mm); Fits doors thicknes:1-3/8 inch to 1-3/4 inch (35mm to...
- Designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature Series product
- For use on interior doors where a privacy locking function is required, such as a bedroom or bathroom
- Guaranteed to fit on existing, standard pre-drilled doors
- Push-button locking provides additional privacy for bedroom and bathroom doors
- Brushed Nickel Finish.65mm Round Rose.Body Material£ºStainless Steel.Fits both right handed and left handed doors.
- 10pcs locks per package(For 10 doors).Privacy Function,without keys. When locked inside, the lock could be opened...
- Order In Contractor Packs And Save
- Reversible: Fits Either Right or Left Hand Door Swing
Last update on 2019-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API