Most specially we want to share our experience and tell why you should leave most electrical repairs to professionals. Do you enjoy staying alive, breathing and not burning down your house? Yes? Then keep reading!
1. But I really want to do the electrical repairs myself
Of course you do. After all, you would not be doing online researches on home improvement if you didn’t. Although we do love to tinker around the house, it’s perfectly acceptable not be a jack of all trades either. Here, it might just save your life.
2. It’s really not that hard and I’m extremely careful
Is it and are you? Have you ever changed a light bulb, removed the old one and placed a new one only to realize that you hadn’t flipped the switch off? That wasn’t so bad, though. You were probably just taken aback by the sudden flash of light that came out… so do you trust yourself with wires that would electrocute you if you forgot to flip a switch? The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) estimates that “more than 30,000 non-fatal shock accidents occur each year.” (source: http://www.esfi.org/resource/holiday-data-and-statistics-359)
3. It’s going to be really expensive
When we hear this statement, we normally ask that person whether they know the term: “Faulty Workmanship.” It’s a great term; it’s a term that insurance lawyers are very fond of. It basically states that most insurances will not cover any damage to your house if it can be linked to faulty workmanship.
If repairmen are the ones to blame, you may have legal recourse against them; if you are the cause of the faulty workmanship… well that’s the end of the road.
As with every home improvement tricks and tips out there, it’s much better for you to invest early and think long term. (source on the legal aspect of faulty workmanship: http://insurance.lawyers.com/property-insurance/insurance-coverage-and-exclusions-for-faulty-workmanship.html)
Basic Residential Wiring:
That’s it. We simply wanted to be straight to the point and offer you our professional opinion on a matter that too many hopeful electricians casually forget. Here’s what we would love to see next though: share this article on any social media you know of.
- Are you on Twitter, Facebook or even Instagram?
- Do you know a friend who’s a jack of all trade but master of none?
- Do you have a relative who believes he’s extremely careful when he’s not?
- Do you have that colleague who wants to save every dime he can?
Well, now’s the time to share this piece of advice; sharing this article could literally save their lives. It’s worth taking an extra five seconds to share this article and ensuring that dear old uncle Bob doesn’t electrocute himself and burn his house down.
- SUPER BRIGHT - More than 2200 lumens output, 20w low power consumption, Save 65% on your electricity bill (EACH LIGHT)
- LINKABLE - Extendable design, could connect up to 8 tube lights together with seamless connectors or 20‘’ connector...
- ◕‿◕🍀 Addressable LED Strip & Chasing Effect 🍀 ----- ①Special design by adding IC in strip lights, you can...
- ➤➤➤Operation Guide: https://youtu.be/HXMFlVOTfpQ ◕‿◕🍀 Smartphone App Controlled Led Light Strip 🍀 ----...
- [ Bluetooth Connect & APP Control smart led flood light ] - This is a 15W RGB color changing led flood light needed APP...
- [ Simple Operation & Connect Easier ] - No gateway. Download the "HappyLighting" app on Google play or Iphone App Store....
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API