Un-plasticized Poly Vinyl Chloride (UPVC) is one of the most popular considerations when it concerns window and door choices as compared to wood and metal alternatives. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) was discovered and began being used in the manufacture of windows and doors, as early as in 1930s and continues to be used till date.
UPVC doors windows are preferred for a number of reasons including:
- Clean aesthetics
- Low Maintenance
- Superior insulation properties
- Value for money
5 Reasons to love UPVC sliding doors
- Sleek and neat finishes – Since UPVC doors and windows are molded, they offer a neat and prim finish yielding a superior look and finish unlike any other. The finish is seamless which exhibits an appeal of doors that area notch above the rest. The sliding rails are fitted to the minutest detail and therefore offer smooth functioning of the sliding doors.
- Large number of options to choose from – There are numerous designs, colors, formats of UPVC sliding doors to choose from. Some of the designs mimic wood finishes exceptionally well. They can be combined with stained or double walled gas filled glasses for both attractive finishes as well as energy efficiency where it keep the room warm during winters and cool during summers.
- Weather proof – Whether proof implies that irrespective of whether its winters, summers or rainy season, UPVC sliding doors keep room temperatures cozy. Owing to their airtight finish, they help keeps winds, rain, heat and cold out and therefore aid in conserving your energy bills.
- Safety – Safety lays an important role in doors and windows of a home. To many homeowners, safety tops the priority list when it concerns choosing doors. Besides having great locking systems installed into the sliding doors that can be easily locked by users of any age, UPVC doors in itself, are sturdy and tough offering superior resistance against impacts and blows. This helps reduce the chances of burglary and enhance the safety of the home.
- Termite-proof – Termites are a huge problem with wooden doors and therefore requires high maintenance costs in treating the wood from time to time to keep it up and running. With UPVC sliding doors, you’ll never have to worry about that. They are termite proof and will help save those huge termite treatment bills for your doors which you otherwise had to bear.
While these are some of the reasons I like UPVC sliding doors, the reasons could differ from user to user. What are your reasons to love UPVC sliding doors? Share your takes with me in the comments below; I’d love to hear from you as well.