Opting for window air conditioners for your home is a smart choice. Here are the steps of how to do air conditioner installation:
Steps for air conditioner installation:
1: Take measurements well:
Measure the window air conditioner accurately, i.e. its height and breadth. Compare these measurements with the measurements of the window. Noting the differences is essential to understand if your air conditioner can fit in your window.
2: Build a strong frame to fit your AC:
While doing air conditioner installation, you are required to build a strong frame that encloses your AC from all sides and does not leave any space between the window and the AC frame.
The AC frame can be made of wood. Accurate measurements must be taken to ensure that the AC fits well and does not make noise due to the gaps left. Also, a well-built frame ensures that the AC stays intact.
3: Fit the cabinet of the air conditioner:
Next fix the AC cabinet in the wooden frame. After this, you are required to put the AC unit in the AC cabinet fitted in the wooden frame fixed in the window.
Install it with a little sloping edging on the outside to ensure all condensed water flows outside and doesn’t clog your indoors. Take the help of screws in fixing the cabinet in the plywood frame for a strong and sturdy fit!
4: Placing the AC:
Once all is said and done, allow the AC to be lifted well into the cabinet frame. Do it carefully, and while doing so, pay acute attention to the front cover and the filter.
5: Provide proper insulation:
Once the air conditioner installation is done, ensure there are no gaps in the window, so as to ensure optimal cooling. You can use foam to seal any existent gaps or fissures. Applying foam ensures no insects or dust can crawl to your indoors and harm the performance of your air conditioner. A foam insulation tape must be applied from the outside, to prevent any outbreaks.
Advantages of a Window Air Conditioner:
- Single unit: Window air conditioners come as a single unit, which makes it easy to install or remove. It removes hassle and inconvenience.
- Affordable: Window air conditioners cost way lesser than split air conditioners which makes them affordable to purchase as well as maintain.
- Convenient: They are not only convenient to install and remove, but also for individuals who change homes frequently.
Disadvantages of a Window Air Conditioner:
- It blocks the window and renders it useless. You can no longer open it or use it for other storage.
- It clogs space you could have to give your room a fresh bout of sunshine, but that’s no problem if your room has another window or two.
- Nevertheless, window air conditioner installations are perfect for individuals with budgetary limitations, transferable jobs and not very spacious houses. Just keep a tab at the material you’re choosing for the frame of your air conditioner and you’re good to go.
- Choose something that can support the weight of the air conditioner and ensure zero gaps between the AC and the window, so that you enjoy optimal cooling.
other valuable tips:
Image credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!