If you are here, you probably need an Idea on what to do about your home. You are probably thinking of the best way to improve your house and at the same time be cost effective. You are probably tired of how your house feels, or you just need to change a few things around. Well, here are some of the cheapest and best ways to accomplish this.
1. Restore your floor
If you own those famous wooden floors, try to restore its shining factor by having it polished at least once every year. If in any case you happen to have young kids and thus more foot traffic in the house, polish it three times annually.
2. Upgrade or Renovate
Fireplaces have a way of always looking weird and dull when there is no fire. In many instances, fire places are not just fire places. They are sometimes made to decorate your house and a place where you can place those antique vases of yours. You can change the dull look by renovating the fire place in order to make it look more presentable and modern like.
3. Make your doorway presentable
As we have always known, first impression is everything; if you happen to have a messy looking doorway, then your guest will most probably have a story to tell about you.
With this in mind, try your best to keep the doorway clean and less congested. Make an umbrella rack and try to buy a coat stand where one can hang their overcoats as they enter.
4. Light the porch
If your house happens to have a porch, clean it thoroughly and make it well lit, or better yet have some dim bulbs on your porch. This will make it look much better and inviting. Dim bulbs are ideal, you don’t really want your neighbors looking at everything you are doing.
Paint, this is one of the things that make houses look much more appealing and beautiful. A great paint job would be much better than your current one. You can either repaint with a new color or just repaint with the old one. In both cases it would be great.
6. Get rid of old furniture
We have all seen those houses where almost everything looks old from the front door to the back door. Having old furniture can be great, that is if you have some kind of family treasure.
If in any case they are just old tables and chairs, put then in the garage and acquire new ones. This will be more like a make over which means that the next time your friends or family are over, they will have no news to report.
7. Better House Lighting
Ever been in a house where there is bad lighting? If you have not, let me enlighten you; the house is usually very dull and not so good looking.
Anyway, try to have your house well lit, this will make everything illuminate and look much nicer. A bulb of greater watts is much recommended as it will deliver more light into your house.
These are just but simple ways to improve your home and make it look and feel much better. We all know those neighbors, friends or family who have houses which need some improvements. Share this with them if you feel one of the ideas can help them. They are all under $150 so if you yourself want to do it to your home you are more than free to do it anytime.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- VOICE COMMAND TO CONTROL: Gosund smart plugs that work with Alexa and Google Home Assistant. Just give a simple voice...
- SCHEDULE & TIMER: By setting schedules and timers for your home smart wifi electrical plugs, you can prepare a crock pot...
- 1080P Full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet away). works with 2....
- Motion tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes
- Install Easily and Safe:No need getting help from professional person, the user manual will guide you step by step to...
- Make Home Lights Smart: Set lights to automatically adjust with changing seasons, your family always comes back to a...
- Compatible with: Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, Google Home, IFTTT
- Check to see If your new thermostat qualifies for a utility rebate; Auto-updates for daylight savings; adjusts for...
- Auto-Schedule: No more confusing programming. It learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Wi-Fi Thermostat: Connect the Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi to change the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
Last update on 2020-07-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API