While you can always knock out a wall and expand the home’s footprint, there are other renovations that you can make that will make your home seem bigger. Here are five home renovations to make your home seem bigger that you might want to consider.
Painting a room a lighter color may make it seem larger. You may want to think about a warm shade of grey, aqua, light pink or white. You may want to avoid stark white, however, as it can make too powerful of a punch. Consider completing new door installation that is a slightly lighter color than you painted the room. You may even want to paint the ceiling a lighter color to make the room seem even larger.
Build a Bay Window
A bay window is a wonderful addition to many small rooms. It is a project that many homeowners can complete by themselves in a weekend. After installing the bay window like the ones available from rwcnj.com, then build seating in it. The person sitting on the seating can enjoy a great view of the outside and there will be more seating in the room without making it look smaller.
Reducing clutter in a room can make it look bigger. Think about building extra shelves near the ceiling and filling them with interesting objects. This will naturally draw people’s eyes up and make a small room look bigger. It may also help to reduce the clutter appearance of a room as long as you can stop yourself from buying more stuff to fill the new shelves.
Before you head out to try to find a new place to rent or buy, you may want to think about letting some more light into your current one. Using no curtains or sheer fabric ones encourages more light to come in the windows. If you really need to use thicker ones, then choose ones that are the same color as the walls in a room. Otherwise, add some interesting light fixtures near the ceiling to draw people’s attention up even if that means you need to renovate to add electricity in the right places.
Install New Flooring
When dark flooring is combined with light colored walls, then a room will appear bigger. Lay tile or hardwood floor at a diagonal to create the illusion of more space. If you want a carpeted floor, then consider using carpet squares and laying them diagonally.
There are many ways that you can renovate to make your current place look bigger. In the end, however, if your current place is too small, then you may want to find a new one to move to soon.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- The blackened bronze tones keep this piece understated but refined.
- It's paired with a hand-made seeded glass shade.
- MINIMALIST, SHADE-FREE CORNER LAMP EARNS FANS YOUNG AND OLD: The Brightech Helix keeps a low profile, making it great in...
- DIMMABLE AND STAYS COOL: The Helix has a built-in foot pedal dimmer switch. Use the highest setting in the office or at...
- MINIMALIST STANDING CONVERSATION PIECE BRIGHTENS UP YOUR SPACE: Enjoy compliments from your friends on your cool new...
- CONTEMPORARY STYLE AND FUNCTIONAL FREE STANDING LAMP: The futuristic Eclipse looks great in with various decor styles...
- STANDOUT, MODERN DESIGN: Brushed nickel standing tripod floor lamp with on/off foot switch provides a comfortable, warm...
- DECORATIVE PIECE FOR ANY LOCATION: Place this bright, stylish floor lamp in any room or decor to complement the style of...
- 💡PERFECT SIZE LOOKS GREAT WITH ANY DÉCOR:The Floor Lamp has a classic design and fits perfect in any room from...
- 💡BEAUTIFUL WARM LIGHT ATMOSPHERE: The texture in the fabric makes it almost look like a marble statue，light is...
Last update on 2019-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API