Whether you’re planning on selling your home or you’re just looking to update and upgrade, there are a variety of ways to improve the look and functionality of this workhorse in your home.
- Storage can be at a premium in a bathroom, especially if your space is limited. If this is the case, when it comes to storage, look up! Use wall space as a great way to store items such as towels, toilet paper, or even toiletries in your bathroom.
Depending on your decor, this could mean anything from simple open shelves ($8-12) to old apple crates or wine boxes at no cost to you.
- If you’ve got a little more floor space to work with, dressers or nightstands, repurposed as a vanity or even a stand by the tub for candles and bath bombs can lend an air of romance to your room.
Use chalk paint ($6 easily obtainable which sticks to just about any clean surface without the work of sanding and priming) to get a finish that compliments your decor.
- Use lighting as a focal point by repurposing an old colander ($5-$12 new) as a light cover. Either painted or left with a rough metal finish, a colander hung upside down on a pendant bulb can add charm and sophistication.
- Use a drawer organizer in your vanity to keep bath products easy to locate. These can be bought for around $8-$13 or customized depending on your drawer size and shape. It’s a wonderful way to keep cosmetics in place.
- A sugar bowl or candy dish can look high end on your vanity and hold such items as cotton balls or Q-tips. Either of these items cost around $4-$9 apiece.
- If there is a window in your bathroom, this is an opportunity to show off your sewing skills by creating a valance or airy curtains that reflect the theme you’re trying to achieve. Window dressings act as a tie in bringing the whole room together.
- Tile your vanity top! This allows for a wide variety of colours and styles but gives your bathroom a unique and personalized look. Tiles are easily obtainable and vary in price depending on the amount you buy. Considering that it is simply for a vanity top, expect to shell out around $3-$6 per tile.
- Think outside the box when it comes to a feature wall. Pallet wood can be obtained for free, and there are an unlimited number of “how to’s” on the internet showing you exactly how to create a gorgeous feature wall using the wood.
- If your mirror is lacking in personality, try framing it with some basic trim pieces. They come in a wide variety of shapes, styles and sizes so you can easily find something to suit your taste. The basic wall mirror trims range in price from $5-$10.
- Create a chair rail. You can do this with baseboard, or do something a little different with type or mosaic pieces. This allows for opportunity to dress up the bottom half of the wall with bead board or a different paint colour.
- Found a stash of old doorknobs? These can be a unique towel or robe hanger either individually screwed into the wall or added to a back board. New doorknobs can also be used and go for as low as $1 for the most basic finish.
|types bathroom drawer organizers – pinterest|
|pallet wood wall decor – pinterest|