The most conspicuous feature about these awnings is that they provide both sun protection and privacy alongside adding a contemporary and stylish finish to your home’s outdoors. This is the area where the space or opening is at its premium and the awnings redefine outdoor fashion by not eating into the space but rather enlivening it. If you ask any interior stylist, you will know the importance of these new spreads.
Different Styles for all Homes
There are different types of external awnings, each with their own technical excellence and quality. Many are patented products with exclusive designs, which have been thoroughly tested and engineered for the harsh and often unpredictable climates.
- The first four categories are automatic, Verandah straight drop, system straight drop and channel roll up awnings. For the first, you have spring loaded and top roller pieces in tension fabric. They use straps for holding down in one place.
- The next uses a rope to pulley system for lowering and raising the awnings. These also come with the motorization options. You also have specially designed and devised side channels allowing the awnings to suspend at intermediate postures.
- There are leading companies providing extensive range comprising the latest in functionality, styling and design. The range maintains a sleek appeal across different styles. You can save up to 60% on your electricity bills.
- Keeping in mind that up to 80%-88% of a house’s heat gain during the summer comes through the windows and your cooling/heating appliances constitute 41% of total household energy, energy savings are a significant feature here. These external awnings help to make substantial savings in the long-term, but you need to use them effectively.
|view sample pics window awnings – google|
More on the Style Block
With the modern awnings making a huge dent in the market, you have different models in an assortment of beautiful fabrics for shading your home.
- Cable awnings are great for enhanced airflow and these are ideal for coastal applications. Drop awnings give stylish solutions with straps secured down till the floor. There are side tension channel types that are perfect for windy applications and insect resistance. The fabric is firmly secured in the adjacent side channels.
- Channel awnings provide the most cost-effective alternative for solar protection. They are perfect for courtyard and enclosing patios. You also have pivot arm awnings, which entail heavy duty designs that have optimal airflow. They are perfect for larger windows, which are 5m wide or more.
- The new variants comprise the solar powered, motorized straight drop external awnings that combine patented and cutting edge power management tools and electronics. There is an integrated unit for battery reception that does the trick.
- The modern awnings are ideal for walkways, doors and windows. Available in catchy designs, the canopy style can be situated on these three areas. Its components are meticulously designed to maintain low-maintenance and be long-lasting.
- Made from die-cast and extruded rust-free aluminum and certain plastic components, the material contains stabilized polymers for controlling ultraviolent radiation. There are plenty of fabric choices and range of colors for you to choose from.
- The elliptical ones are longer and round in shape. They are apt for single windows and over doors. Wedge patterns make an alternative style statement and the boulevard ones entail ideal provision for medium size windows.
|view sample pics balcony awnings – google|
A Prismatic View
The beauty and advantage of the designer quality range of external awnings rest with their withstanding power of elements. It’s how they retain both their attractive appearance and performance over time. You have custom-made pieces that are tailored to specific requirements. They help in reducing interior temperatures.