first “tips to get ready for spring renovations” idea
copyright image by Pixabay
Getting ready for the spring
- Spring’s almost here, but there’s more than cleaning you can do, such as changing a few things around the house. If you’re ready to do more than sweep and toss out old junk, read up on our tips to get you prepared for spring renovations.
Organize Your Life:
Life indeed gets in the way, but it’s your job to work around all life’s daily activities and events. So, as you plan out the potential spring restoration projects, start by thinking about living arrangements.
- If you plan to have the kids and pets stay out of the house during a bigger job, make sure to have a list of potential drop-offs ready.
- However, make sure to stay aware of:
- Age-appropriate sitters
image by envato.com
download this 1-page summary of the home improvement process. Summarizes everything you need as you organize your plan:
Plan Your Renovation:
Remodeling a home takes time. So, don’t worry if you don’t get to pick out a bathroom tile in time.
- As you plan the renovation, think of the items you need, the right budget, and who to hire. Also, don’t forget the actual remodeling jobs. Think about the rooms that need the most attention right now.
Need help with the planning?
Below are some planning steps for kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. Provides resources for ideas, contractors, specifications, and more (open new win)
- If you have an older person living with you, they likely need a space to themselves, so consider building a room addition.
- Otherwise, think about doing these things instead:
- Resurface the driveway
- Take out drywall
- Install new kitchen appliances
Get The Right Tools
Even having the right tools is essential to redo any part of the house. As far as tools go, you first want to simultaneously schedule all contractors and waste material services.
- That way, you aren’t wondering how you’re going to throw out the waste. So, contact a waste management company with questions about scheduling your dumpster.
- Also, don’t forget when contacting contractors, make sure they specialize in home remodeling and that their references check out.
image by twenty20.com
Make Sure to Grab This:
use this sheet to list and evaluate contractors including licensing, references, and more:
- Other services you need to schedule so you don’t wind up DIYing a dangerous part of a remodel
- Electric work
- Asbestos removal company
- Professional painters
- Roofing company
Enjoy What You Make:
The most important thing to do is enjoy what you love doing. Don’t renovate because it increases monetary value, but to improve functionality.
- So, while you’re making adjustments in each room, ensure that each project has something unique about it, like a bedroom with a small kitchen area or a garage with additional storage areas.
What About The Outside?
You may have other plans that include improving the interior and exterior of your home – we got you covered (open new win)
- Consider these fun, unique spring renovation ideas next:
- Install a skylight
- Create a hidden wine cellar
- Make an underground parking lot
You can start planning now that you’re ahead of schedule. These tips to get you ready for spring renovations will help make the start of the new season easier and less hectic.
- That way, you’ll have all your ducks in a row when the time comes to start renovating.
Quik scroll to more home remodeling needs for the coming spring …
ideas to view and compare from the photo above
- What comments can you share about
planning time to get ready for spring renovations?
Find Home Remodeling Services Additions Major Remodels Minor Remodels Disability Needs top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: tips to get ready for spring renovations by Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Kitchen Sink Accessories
or simply search by entering kitchen sink/faucet or other kitchen need
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.