What to know about Begonia Flowers –
begonias are a favorite annual plant with a full set of flowers that grow bigger and in more abundance as the season wears on. Depending on the variety, they can be used in medium shade or full sun. And they don’t require much watering – in other words, they can survive mild dry conditions.
- The begonia family has more than 1,800 different plant species. They are native to subtropical and tropical climates. Most begonia plants require bright shade; some will tolerate full sun, especially in warmer climates. Begonias require a well drained soil planting that is neither constantly wet nor allowed to dry out completely.
- REFERENCE: wikipedia
Where to grow:
begonias thrive in both summer cool and hot climates in semi-sunny and for some varieties full sun. They come in all types of flower petal shapes and colors. The begonia leaf can also take on different colorful patterns.
- Begonias can tolerate cool temperatures but the top of plant will die at the first freeze. However, the tubular structure of the plant buried beneath the ground will lie dormant during the winter and can blossom again in the next season.
- INFO: planting, growing and caring for these shade garden superstars
INFO: which begonias tolerate hot sun?
begonias come in all types and sizes. You can find low-edging begonias that can be used for border beds or mingled among other low-height flowers. There are other begonias that can grow high that are perfect for background color among shorter annuals.
- INFO: 10 varieties of begonias for gardens and containers
INFO: begonia planting guide
Light: shade, part-sun, full sun – Height: 6-12 inches (drawf); 1-3 feet (giant) – Width: up to 12 inches – Season: spring, summer and fall blooms – Features: low maintenance, good for containers – Propagation: seed, stem cuttings – Zones: 7-11: INFO: view growing zones
- What comments can you share?
or simply search by entering annual flower name or other remodeling need
Find Landscaping/Maintenance Landscape Design Landscape Maintenance Pest Control Sprinkler Systems Tree & Shrubs Water Features top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
other related garden landscaping:
Cover image credit: landscaping with zinnia flowers by Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.