You must make sure you’re maintaining your well and looking out for signs that it needs to be repaired.
There’s a Strange Color to It
While most well owners realize their water isn’t crystal clear like some other water sources, you might notice that there’s a strange color to your well water. If your water is yellowing, has a rust color or just looks murky in general, you might need to have your well repaired.
The Odor Won’t Go Away
Well water could have an odor depending on how sulfur-rich it is. The odor should go away after a period of time or after putting a filter in the pump. If the odor lingers after you’ve changed the filter, it’s a good idea to have well repair because there could be a major problem with it. The smell of the water could be indicative of a bigger problem with your well.
You Haven’t Been Maintaining It
Maintenance for wells is so important. Since your well requires regular maintenance, if you haven’t done it in a long time, you might need to have your well repaired.
If you purchase a house that has a well, be sure to check with the previous owners to learn about the maintenance they did on the well. Otherwise, you won’t know whether it needs to be repaired or not.
The Well Runs Dry
Wells that are properly taken care of should not run dry. You shouldn’t really have problems like that with your well, but if that does happen, you might need to have your well repaired. It’s also worth noting that it should be primed when it’s dry.
Your Water Isn’t Pumping Like It Should
The well pump is an important part that allows the water to come into your house. If you pump is not working right or if you’re struggling to get the water you need, you might need to have parts of the pump repaired. The pump repair is usually simple and something that can be done in a short period of time.
No matter what seems wrong with your well, it’s always a good idea to get a professional opinion about it. You can make sure your well is safe. You can also make sure you don’t run out of water because of issues with the well.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- EASY TO USE: Simple to follow DIY instructions are included in each Well Safe Well Sanitizer Kit. Pour as directed into...
- ELIMINATE BAD SMELL: Kills bacteria to provide disinfection and remove rotten egg smell or sulfur odor. Will kill...
- RESTORES: All-Purpose Liquid Water Softener Cleaner, Restore Your Water Softener Efficiency
- IT WORKS: Works on Most Water Softeners and Water Filter System
- All natural cleaning tablet: biodegradable, chlorine free, and environmentally safe. Absolutely no contest against other...
- Perfect for coffee tumblers & water bottles: removes stubborn stains and odors giving your tumbler or bottle a new and...
- COMPATIBLE FOUNTAINS: Works with all PetSafe Drinkwell pet fountains
- CONVENIENT CLEANING: Multiple brush sizes provide a convenient way to clean the hard-to-reach areas of your pet fountain
Last update on 2020-07-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API