The following tips can guide you in choosing the best exterior colors for your home:
1. Consider Personal Preference
This is the most important guiding factor when painting a home’s exterior. Everything comes down to being original and choosing the colors you love for your house. Get inspiration from your own life. For instance, if you love the color of a blue cloudless sky or the setting sun, let them reflect in the colors you use in your home.
You will find several people trying to copy their neighbors or even the latest designer trends. This should not be the case; just be natural and select colors that you love that will make you feel good about your home.
2. Draw Inspiration From Nature
Take a stroll around your home to see which colors occur naturally. A house situated in the mountains, surrounded by evergreen trees, draws a different inspiration from one that’s located along the beach area, with water and sand in its surrounding.
It is important to consider coordinating the colors you’ll use in painting your home’s exterior to complement or mimic nature. If your home is in the mountains, consider greens, deep burgundy and rusty browns.
On the other hand, a house on the beach will do well with sandy beiges, inspiring blues and soft yellows. Nature will never mislead you, so go ahead and draw your inspiration from it.
3. Seek Help From Professionals
If you’re finding it hard to select the right mix of colors, you may need to seek help from your local exterior home designers and paint manufacturers. They can assist you in coming up with the right color combinations that suit your home best.
Most manufacturers’ websites feature possible paint combinations for different homes that can coordinate well with your preferred personal or family colors. Go through them, and see which ones work best for you.
4. Pay Other Neighborhoods a Visit
Before painting your house, it is also important that you see how the homes in your neighborhood look like and draw inspiration from it. You don’t want to be conspicuously different from your neighbors, as it will certainly attract a lot of attention, or even put off certain neighbors and potential buyers.
Talk to homeowners of homes you seem to like, and ask the color combinations they used in painting their homes. Most homeowners employ pre-selected colors from designers and architects; you can choose to be different by drawing your inspiration from a good home.
5. Consider Style and Age of Your Home
|Find Painting Services|
|top-rated, pre-screened local contractors|
|FREE: download contractor selection|
|enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™|
A home’s style and age should be a guide in selecting colors for painting a home’s exterior. Historical homes usually do well with period styles and colors. However, depending on where they are situated, you may consider using modern colors to paint them to obtain beautiful results.
On the other hand, it’s not wrong to use deep colors on homes that are more modern. In addition, if your house has a Victorian style and you prefer bright colors, then consider painting your front door in colors like red or blue to help brighten the somber siding.
Let the tips above guide you in selecting the best exterior colors for your home.
Please don’t forget to share this information with all your friends on social media if you find it informative.
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- Paint Brush Set Includes 1 Ea of 1" Flat, 1-1/2" Angle, 2" Stubby Angle, 2" Flat & 2-1/2" Angle
- Paint Brushes For Interior Or Exterior Projects. Use Angle Sash Paint Brush For Cutting Crisp Lines.
- Flexible purple Shergrip handle that measurers only 2 1/4 Inches long that adds maneuverability in tight spaces
- White nylon and gold polyester blend for all paints
- The stiffness of the brushes makes them ideal for outdoor projects with different temperatures and humidity
- A blend of Satin-Edge nylon (Tynex) and Orel polyester
- Heavy Duty Super Grip Double Thick handle design to make painting felling perfect
- Special:Thickness 1inch and 1.5inch with 3/4 inch,2inch and 2.5inch with 4/5 inch 100% gold polyester with rose red...
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed, Trim Paint Brush is Premium; intended to be long lasting and easy to...
- FIT FOR COMFORT: Treated wood handle brushes are lightweight and easy to hold. A comfort that last for long tedious...
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API